💰 01

Chapter 01

I dab a cotton ball with a yellow liquid that Mr. Drink gave me, he said it's for a wound and why am I that stupid to not know that, and him believing that I'm a street fighter. He is wounded, that made me worried.

"Just dab it!" Mr. Drink hissed. "Pinch it on my wound!" Moving a little closer, he held my pulse to dab the cotton to even more on his wound.

I winched enduring nothing while starring on it. I felt like I'm the one who can feel the pain while Mr. Drink seemed used to doing this.. cruel thing! "Ahh.." I slightly move away.

Mr. Drink let go of my pulse and face me. He boredly look at me. I skeptically smile and pointed his wound. "Does it hurt.. Mr. Drink?"

"It will if I give you one." He joke, but I doubted it's a joke, aha! Why do he always joke so serious.. and it's not like he always joke around. "You act like a kid at your age," he said while wrapping his arm, where the wound is, with a medical tape. "You even look so weak but knowing you might just made it sounds a joke. People in our neighborhood knows your deeds kid," he shrugged. "It's not like it wasn't seen on you."

He look at me and slightly smirked. I turn my back to return this scissor thing for medical on a hardware box. "Oh no Mr. Drink.. Unlike people in our neighborhood, I honestly don't know what fight is in your world."

'Cause people in our neighborhood have their own world that I'm not hoping to enter, it's pure gossips and few lies. Haha, same as Mr. Drink, he seemed to have his own literature in life with his everyday newspaper. I slightly chuckled with that thought. I glanced at him but stopped and face him, pursing my lips.

"Excuse me?" He raised a brow. Oh shit.. Is he a psychologist? Nah I don't think so, I could bet a rubics cube that he is more likely a psycho than someone who treat people with mental and emotional problems. "Ha." He slightly shook his head and wear his polo back and added a brown sweater on. "and the news about you dropping out from school seems true?"

I took out a sneaker from my pocket and gave it to him while holding mine's. I playfully shook and shrugged. "I completed science, mathematics and technology last year at my tenth grade Mr. Drink." I smiled without showing my teeth. "Whatever news it was, it's a fraud."

He throw the rest of the cloth tape to me and walk away to look outside, ignoring what I said. "It's clear now..." He said, peaking on the window. "I.. guess." I followed him to peak outside.

The large green trash bin are blocking the small way. Trash are messed around. I blinked while looking on the sky. It's smoking dark. Even the clouds are. And it's nearly setting afternoon.

Mr. Drink pulled me down suddenly. I frowned and look at him. I was about to ask when he dab his point finger over my lips. He whispered not to move so I just did. Are we in adventure time? Hah! Better than in a horror time, I might crave for a spaceship to get out from this world, just in case if we are currently in a horror pace.

"How long could your legs managed to walk in total of five kilometres?" He suddenly asked. My eyes widened and pointed at the window, telling him about the outside.

"With those mess around the road?" I mean I deal with mess at home but not outside! Ew those garbage stinks! I don't know! Well I could manage that long but could this old man legs could? "And we walk from our village until here just to move out again?"