3 - Adorable

Today was (Y/N)'s day off.

It wasn't something that he necessarily considered significant, as he had many days off during winter, spring, and summer, but to have one when a major crisis was happening, at least according to Schicksal, was surprising. However, despite him not minding the fact that he was given some free time to spend, probably with Sentience, he felt kind of bad that he wasn't doing as much work as everyone else was. Theresa was, as usual, getting clogged up with presumably thousands and thousands of documents, Bronya, Mei, and the other Valkyries who were with them were fighting off the creatures in St. Fountain, and he... he was doing paperwork just like Theresa, just not nearly as much as her.

The reason for this? Well, (Y/N) recently had found out, less than two weeks ago, that the Hyperion had "broken down" due to "unknown circumstances." Therefore, he couldn't do his usual bridge duties, nor could he go on recon missions due to the fact that his means of transportation to do those things was the Hyperion.

Therefore, his ability to do work had been severely limited, and he resorted to helping out Theresa while the Hyperion was being fixed to try to at least do something. If the Hyperion was still up and running, he'd probably be with Mei and Bronya right now; nevertheless, that was not what had happened, and this was the only thing he could really do that was within his skill set. He didn't mind it, however, and he liked spending more time with Sentience than he already did, anyway.

Nevertheless, being given a break when his work was already so easy? That was too much to him, at least in his opinion. Sentience seemed happy about it, though, and seemed to want to spend the entire day with him, and, putting his thoughts and slight guilt aside, he agreed to her proposal.

Thus, the day was filled with hours and hours of playing games, cooking food, hugging, cuddling, and several other things, and by the end of it, (Y/N) and Sentience were sufficiently knocked out, both sitting on the couch while the TV flickered softly, the screen projecting the words "no signal" constantly as they had both turned off the console minutes before. However, they never turned off the TV, as the both of them were too tired to, despite the fact that they were still, in some sense, awake.

"Ugh..." (Y/N) groaned, shifting on the couch while Sentience sat on his lap, her eyes opening and closing slowly as she stared up at (Y/N), "I'm so... so tired..."

"You're... you're tired...?" Sentience mocked lightly, her voice hushed and movements fatigued, "I'm... I'm not even close to tired..."

"Are... are you sure about that? You seem pretty out of it... to me..." (Y/N) stared back at Sentience, who, in a desperate attempt to seem resilient, opened her eyes as large as she could at the moment, barely being able to show off her irises, "I have... I have no idea what you're talking about..."

"Gah... how what time is it...?" (Y/N) grabbed his phone sloppily, his hand moving like that of a fish on land as he picked it up with as much force as he could at the moment, "1:00 AM? We really were playing for that long...?"

"Yeah... we did play for a long time, huh?" Sentience recalled as they had been playing with each other since 10:AM.

"I guess so... We should probably get to bed, though..." (Y/N) said, only for Sentience to hold him tighter.

"No... I think I'm fine sleeping here..." Sentience replied, nuzzling into (Y/N)'s shirt with a peaceful and relaxed expression, with her face adorned with a smile.