Goodbye

Angela's pov and out of point pov

      ...the cold, dark sky clear of clouds starts to tear up as Angela sits in the middle of the street

      Angela Walker was thinking about Clarissa Kress again and maybe for the last time. Clarissa was a pretty red headed angel with perfect golden eyes and a beautiful smile.

Angela walked over to the window of the diner and reflected on her emotionless surroundings. She had always hated the Dome with its damaged darkness. It was a terrible place that encouraged her sad, breakdowns

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the pretty, petite figure of Clarissa Kress.

Angela gulped. She glanced at her own reflection in a dirty puddle. She was a controlling, mean, monster with dark brown hair, lots of freckles, and big, ugly blue eyes. Her old friends saw her as a damaged, diced danger to society.

But not even a monster like her, was prepared for what Clarissa had in store today.

The rain hammered down in barrels, interrupting Angela's pityful mood. She grabbed a black and golden bangle that had been strewn nearby; she massaged it with her fingers.

As Angela turned around and Clarissa came closer, she could see the signature smirk on her face. Only it was much more broken than when her brother died. It didn't look like the beautiful girl Angie Walker fell in love with, no, it didn't look like her dear girl was ever there

She said, in a hushed voice, "I love you, Bluebell and I want to be with you forever."

For a second Angela just looked at Clarissa with no show of emotion, while she studied Clarissa's perfect hair and angelic face. Eventually, she took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," she began in an apologetic and hurried voice, "but I don't feel the same way and I can't. I love you Cherry, but... I can't."

Clarissa looked surprised at first, that her first love even remembered their childish nicknames for each other. The ones they use only because they knew it bothered each other. The ones that usually gave each other comfort, even they would never admit it...

Turned afraid and hurt, her emotions raw and as calm as a werewolf on a full moon. As ironic as that was, seeing as she knew and witnessed first hand that Angela was anything but calm, let alone on a full moon.

"Why can't you!" Angela was taken aback, Clarissa had never yelled at her, all the time they had been friends, ever since they were children. She had been the calmer one of the Kress twins, but she hadn't been the same since Stefan died.

"I just can't!," she sighed. Clar, you know this place is much too dark and unaccepting for this, we can't have the life we want and need here, anyway you deserve a better life than this"

Angela could actually hear Clarissa's heartbeat stop. All of a sudden, she watched the girl she knew would never be her's hurry away into the distance without a word.

Now not even a bottle of blood or Clarissab's scent would calm Angela's nerves tonight.

Angela looked up at the dark dome covering their city, knowing that even though Clarissa didn't know now, she was hurt more than Clarissa ever could be.

But she couldn't tell her that and she knew that what she said was true, Clarissa did deserve better and she couldn't give her that. So Angela Reese Walker did what any soulmate with a rejected mate bond does

"Clarissa, my Love, we'll meet in another world, one much better than this," she whispered and fainted, falling into a deep sleep in which she awoke in another world, as another person, never missing a minute of life or Clarissa, but Clarissa 60 years time.

But what if Clarissa and Angela had two other friends before the monsters came, from when they were known as MACS? And what if Clarissa's dead twin brother, Stefan, wasn't actually dead? What if he actually was saved from the Crypt's Guard, when he was caught breaking a rule, and sentenced to life in Crypts, by a girl who never even wanted to leave the Dome. This girl's name was Mauve Walker, Angela's older sister and the 'M' in MACS. What if the Guard actually just covered up an escape?