15

A couple days have passed. Jungkook making it a habit to constantly hover over the fairy, staying by his side whenever he goes. When he checks on his plants outside, the wolf is there watching him, eyes occasionally scanning their surroundings.

Jimin appreciates it because it makes him feel safer and he doesn't have to feel the trickle of paranoia when he's in close range to Jungkook.

Jungkook was actually willing to try any vegetable or fruit Jimin had offered him. Of course, the fairy doesn't offer until they are throughly washed.

Yesterday Jimin was making vegetable soup for dinner, something Jungkook has surprisingly never ate before. When Jimin asked what wolves' diet consists of, he has said meat and sometimes fruits.

So as Jimin was chopping up a carrot into small circles, he walked over to the sitting wolf at the table and held it up to his lips.

Jungkook looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, as if he didn't know what to do, or just questioning why Jimin was brining it to his lips. The fairy found the expression quite cute so he laughed and told him to just try it. Jungkook looked hesitant for once but opened his mouth anyway. As he chewed Jimin waited in anticipation, biting down on his lip that threatened to smile.

"It's..okay," was the response he got.

Jimin rolled his eyes with a laugh and continued on cooking.

When the soup was finished, Jimin handed a bowl to Jungkook who surprisingly had wide intrigued eyes. He watched as he places it in front of him, handing him a utensil. Jimin knew the wolf would like it, his parents sure did pf course and he was right. The fairy was one of the best cooks in the village so he knew Jungkook shouldn't hate it.

The first spoonful was like a switch in Jungkook because he went from hesitant to finishing it all up until there was nothing left. Jimin's heart soared when he saw the empty bowl, a content look on the taller's face. He never knew he would feel so accomplished by that.

However there's a question at the back of Jimin's mind when he has time to think freely, nagging at him to ask out loud. He has tried to push it away, ignoring the fact that he wants to know why the brown wolf he encountered mentioned that everyone knew of him.

Jimin has told himself that there's more wolves so of course they would know of him, but the part that repeats in his mind that makes it all more intense is when the brown wolf had said:

"Practically the whole forest knows about the fairy who lives alone," he says, Jimin's heart beginning to sink at the new information.

"The one who plants fruits and vegetables,"

"The one who walks back to his village every few weeks,"

"The one who looks too innocent to be all alone out here."

It makes him shiver in fear and when he's in Jungkook's same arms at night, he has to bite his tongue to stop himself from asking. Then he scoots a bit closer knowing Jungkook's arms are the main source of protection he has.

He tries to find a good time to ask but every time he opens his mouth, he quickly decides against it. He afraid of the answer he's seeking. He thought he was being descreste about it but unfortunately today Jungkook seems to finally get it out of him.

"I know you want to say something to me," Jungkook says, back turned away from the fairy since he's carving a wooden wolf with a knife on the couch. A hobby of his that Jimin is genuinely surprised and amazed at.

He barely started to create the small wolf yesterday yet he's already halfway done.

He's sitting on the couch, Jimin had just finished washing some dishes before he came over and stopped right behind the couch.