1. A different path

(A/n: so sighhh there are uhh....quite a few different things here, aka making this an alternate reality. But since there's TOO much to explain, you'll have to figure it out along the way (。•̀ᴗ-)✧)

It was morning in Foosha Village, and not to far from the shore was a little, poorly built, but still stable enough looking shack. Which was constructed by a certain Marine Hero. Inside this shack was a little window that faced the sea, with strangely enough, new looking curtains to block the sunlight from getting in. On the wall left of the window laid three metal pipes, while on the wall with the window, there was one table with papers and crayons splattered all about. And on those papers were poorly drawn ships, swords, guns, treasure chests, and other piratey like things. The table was surrounded by three little chairs, one tipped over, while the other two were standing up.

On the opposite wall was a small bed with three sleeping kids by the names of, Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. Ace was the eldest at the age of 10, temperamental and untrusting. Though he was often very mean to his younger brothers, he loved them very much, and would give anything to keep them safe, though he wouldn't admit it out loud, at least, just yet. He had unruly black hair that went just past his ears followed by a freckled face, a blank red tank top with black shorts, that matched with his black slip on shoes, and to top it all off he wore a purple elbow brace on his left arm.

Sabo was the second oldest, still being 10, but was born on the opposite side of the year from Ace. He had blond curley hair with a missing tooth, wore a blue tank top with gray shorts and black boots, and to top it all off, (quite literally) he wore a black top hat with blue goggles, which he stole from a noble awhile back. He was the smarter one, and thought things through, always coming up with the plans when Ace couldn't. And being the one Ace relied on when in a pinch, when needing a little more brains than bronze.

Finally, the youngest was named Luffy, he was three years younger than his other two brother, being 7. He wore a blue tank top with the number 56 right in the middle, blue shorts with frayed bottoms, and sandles. He was, well, a lot more carefree than the other two. He was always getting himself into trouble, and only listened mostly to his brothers.

The three of them were huddled together on the same bed, Luffy was holding Ace's hand while sucking his thumb with the other. Sabo had been sleeping on top of the two facing upward.

The sunlight had gleamed through the curtains, waking up Luffy who groaned softly. Once he moved to try and get up, he woke the other two up, and they all rubbed their sleepy eyes.

With a yawn, Ace stretched his arms to try and wake himself up, but failed and fell forward. He would've fallen off the bed and hit the floor, if it weren't for Sabo, who caught him by the collar still yawning.

Luffy attempted to get up, but tripped over Ace and almost fell off the bed. But luckily for him, Sabo, who was now awake by the shock of having to grab both of them, caught him by his collar too. But unfortunately for all of them, their weight was unbalanced and they all fell forward hitting the floor with a loud thump.

Sabo groaned, and rubbed his forehead. "Ah Jeez..."

Ace was still asleep, but Luffy had sat up and started to rub his face. "Owowow...." A little tear formed on the corner of his eyes.

Once Sabo and Luffy were fully awake, they ran over to the table, jumped on top, and squinted as they opened the curtains to the bright morning sea. It was beautifully calm, and there were only a few clouds in the sky.

Once the two of them had taken in the beautiful morning, they jumped off of the table and ran to pick up their pipes. Sabo took both his and Ace's, while Luffy took his own. Once they had tucked them behind their backs, they ran over to Ace and each grabbed one of his ankles, dragging him along as they rushed out of the door.