2. The Red-headed Captain

The boys stay hidden behind the barrels as the Mayor approaches the shadowed man and says. "Please leave this place pirates!" The three brothers flinch at the word pirates. "You're not welcome here, and we are under the protection of Vice Admiral Garp, the marine Hero!" Woopslap stood with nervous confidence, then walks slowly forward with his hand on his cane, back arched. "If help is what you need, we can provide you with some food and money if you promise to leave."

The red-head's face was masked in the shadow of his strawhat with a red band, only letting a wide bright smile shine through the shadow. "Oh?" He rose his head slightly widening his smile with a small chuckle, still keeping his face shadowed. "And what if we refuse?" The man shifted his weight under the black robe that covered his whole body, making him sway in an unsettling manner.

Woopslap felt a chill down his spine as he resisted the urge to step back. He shook of the feeling and tightened the grip on his cane, thinking of his village and it's people to give him confidence, he spoke up in a cracked voice. "Then the Marine Hero Garp will come and remove you from this island!"

Luffy started to squirm trying to get away. But Ace and Sabo tighten their hold on Luffy as he continues to try and escape, so he can go talk to the pirate. Ace whispers to Luffy in an angry tone. "Stop it Luffy! I know you want to see the pirates, but it's too dangerous!!"

Sabo leans over and whispers to Luffy too. "We'll be pirates later, it's too soon to face the seas at our age." Ace looked a little offended by that statement, but knew it was true.

Luffy's eyebrows furrowed over his narrowed eyes. "NO!" he said in a quiet muffled voice. Then he licked Ace and Sabo's hand, making them angry while showing disgusted faces. They took their other arms that restrained Luffy and bopped him on the head real hard, before returning their arms to restrain him.

Luffy started to tear up, he stopped squirming and placed both of his hands on his head covering the newly formed bump. "You're so meaaannn" he muffled cried, while squinting away the tears.

Neither of them could understand what Luffy was saying, but seeing the tears on his face made Sabo feel a little guilty, while Ace even more mad. Sabo instinctively started to loosen his grip without realizing it.

"Calm down!" A voice sounded, it was the red-head. The brothers peeped back out over the barrels to see red-head's arms raised above his head, now revealing his facial features. He had a stubbled beard that surrounded his smile, which had turned into a bright welcoming one. But more interestingly, the man had a scar like a bear or something had slashed his left eye, leaving three darkened lines. His face gave off a threatening but friendly vibe due to the smile and scar. Making almost impossible to tell if he was trustworthy or not.

But under that, since his arms were now raised opening the cloak, he had a simple white collared button up that was half way buttoned and dark brown shorts that went a little past his knees, showing his unshaved legs. Between the shirt and shorts was a red scarf tied around his waist, connecting the two. And to top it all of he wore simple opened toes sandals with two bands in the front, and one band in the back.

"We're just tired and looking for a place to rest." The red-head said happily. He put his arms down while slightly turning outstretching his left arm to show his crew behind him. There stood 9 or so important looking figures, and a few lackeys. "The rest are on bored, but we don't have many more." He turned to face the mayor again facing his head down as a sign of respect. "And we'll be glad to be the ones paying if you do let us stay."

Woopslap looked a little on edge, he couldn't decide weather or not it was a good idea to trust the man. Woopslap cleared his throat and gained his confidence back, the man didn't SEEM to be a threat, at least for now anyway. "Putting that aside for now, mind if I ask your name first?" Woopslap said interrogatively.

The red-head raised his head with a smile while putting his right arm to his chest, and letting his left fly to the left. "Oh! I'm Shanks! The captain of this ship. Nice to meet you, and you are?"

"Woopslap, mayor Woopslap." Woopslap said, but upon hearing the name Shanks, he started to go through his mind to see if he knew any pirates by the name of Shanks. Cause although he knew next to nothing about the pirates that roamed the sea, he knew of a few dangerous fellas. Shanks did sound familiar...but where in his old mind has he heard that name before. "I could've sworn I've heard that name bef-"

"UWWAAHHHH PIRATEEEES!!!" Woopslap was cut off by a screaming child, aka Luffy. He had escaped from Aces and Sabo's hands, due to his crying that made Sabo loosen him grip. Before the other villagers had time to react, or even recognize the fact that it was luffy who was running out, Luffy had tried to jump Shanks, which had ended in failure. Luffy ended up tripping and rolling to a sitting stop right in front of Shanks.

Luffy looked up at the man towering in front of him. He looked cool, and that's what Luffy wanted be like one day, cool. His eyes shined in admiration as he looked at the Captain wistfully. "Do you poo-"

"LUFFY!!!" Makino panicked. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT!!" Makino looked to the Mayor in panic, asking with just a gaze what they should do.

But before the Mayor could do anything, Shanks squared down to Luffy's level and looked him right in the eyes examining him. Shanks smiled and placed his hand on Luffy's head, making Ace, Sabo, and the others flinch. "Heya bud, I'm shanks nice to meet you."

Luffy's eyes widened, as well as his smile. Then he put himself in a closed eyed and big grin smile. "HIII! I'M LUFFY!!" Luffy spread his arms out into the air with a giggle. "Shishishi" he opened his eyes again and asked. "So are you really a pirate?"

Shanks laughed and answered. "Yup! I sure am. Now, what were you gonna ask me bef-"

Ace and Sabo ran up from the barrels and made a kicking jump for Shanks. Which didn't do anything, since Shanks raised a single arm to block them, all without moving or flinching. Luffy admired that. Ace and Sabo ended up being pushed back a little, but not enough to be sent flying or to cause any normal kid to be hurt.

They quickly ran back up to Luffy, grabbed him by the rim of his shirt, and dragged him away from Shanks who sat and watched. Ace and Sabo pulled Luffy behind them and spread out their arms defensively, trying to protect Luffy and keep him out of harms way. Which was currently this unknown threat, the so called Shanks. Anyone they didn't know was a threat, and having to be the ones to protect Luffy all these years, had given them a bit of an overprotectiveness sense.

The two start to growl like wild animals as their senses sharpen and they become aware of the environment and all the people. The villagers start to panic, along with Makino and Woopslap who take immediate action.

Makino runs up in front of the three boys, putting both of her hands together in front of her as she bows low to Shanks and apologies for their behavior. Woopslap goes up behind them with intention of dragging them away. But ultimately gets declined as the two older boys look at Woopslap with dangerous eyes. They cared about the village and it's people, but when it came to each other, the three of them would put their brothers before anything else. No matter what building they had to break, or people they had to kill, and in Luffy's case seriously main or harm ;3.

Shanks stayed where he was, but stood up to face the current problem. He almost seemed to be deep in thought, while also paying close attention to the ones that attacked him. "Hm.." he smiled.