Do you believe in Miracles?

Angst/Comfort

—————

"Strawberry?"
The pink hooded cookie looked at her friend Gingerbrave, then looked back at the stars. Keeping her legs pressed against her chest.
"Hey." She said gloomily.
"What're you doing out here? The others are near the campfire." He asked.
"Crying, thinking, and doubting." Strawberry mumbled. The plain cookie looked at her confused.
"Why? What happened Strawb?" He decided to sit next to her, leaning against the tree she was leaning against. Her gaze was still focused on the glittering dots in the dusk sky.
"Do miracles exist? Do you believe in miracles?" Strawberry whispered, her hands clenched into fists.
Gingerbrave thought for a moment.
Miracles are life savers to him.
That time where he found Strawberry for the first time, and in timing as she was bleeding with cuts and bites. And the other time he and the others saved Strawberry from her sibling, Strawberry Crepe. Another time being where he took a hit for her. And when they escaped the oven together...
Those were all miracles to him.
"Yes." He said. His hand placed on her shoulder. "Why?"
"I don't believe in them."
Brave looked at her for a long moment, questioning how the timid cookie doesn't believe in miracles. Miracles were real, what doesn't she get about them?
"Miracles are real." Gingerbrave countered.
"No," Her hazel eyes looked at him. "If miracles are real, why haven't we stopped Dark Enchantress yet? Where are my little sisters? It's been a month Gingerbrave." She spat through tears. "I want my family back. And now, here I am, looking at the stars hoping I can get one last hug from my parents." Strawberry Cookie looked into the sky again with hope, which soon faded quickly. Her hand grabbed his, palm touching palm, she calmed herself down to his soft touch.
"I only see stars." She said in a shaky voice. Her friend quickly got worried. "I only...s-see stars."
"Do you need a hug?" Brave offered, she stared at him blankly before nodding.
He quickly wrapped his arms around her, she slowly slipped her arms around him as well. Her head rested on his shoulder, Gingerbrave rubbed circles on her back.
"I f-feel so... lost..." She cried into his neck now, burying her face. "I feel so q-quiet and...and destroyed."
"Hey..." He said softly, she stopped talking and listened. "No matter how you feel, those miracles will come soon. No matter what, you just have to believe."
"I've been believing..." She whispered. "What can I believe in now?"
They both went silent.
That was a good question. What can you believe now?
Luckily, he had a thought.
He pulled away from her and Strawberry looked at him like a lost puppy, Gingerbrave brought his face close to hers and gave a small kiss on her lips, pulling her hood down so he could reach her lips.
He pulled away to look at a flustered Strawberry Cookie.
"Believe in my love."
Her sparkling eyes indicated the same thing he was thinking.
They both wanted this.
"I love you Gingerbrave." Strawberry whispered to him, pulling him to a hug again.
"I love you too, Strawberry Cookie." Gingerbrave said back, he pecked her forehead and gave into the hug.
Their bond just went up a notch.

————
Short, idc
Tired
Bye
❤️