The Big News

Prego
That's it
Also they're 20
————————————

I was scared.
And it's not of cake hounds this time.
My hand shook vigorously as it held the pregnancy test, positive. I wasn't ready to be a mom, neither did Gingerbrave agree to a family yet. I don't want him to leave me, I really don't.
I quietly cried in the bathroom, I looked down at my stomach. Our baby is in there, getting bigger, I can't hide it. It's gonna grow into a bump and Brave will freak. I have to tell him...n-not now.
"It's—g-gonna be okay little one...." I whispered, I let my hand caress my stomach. "It's just a yes or no question..."
I wiped my tears, taking a deep breath to calm myself down.
I threw away the pregnancy test and got out of the bathroom. I went downstairs and saw Gingerbrave getting some eggs out of the fridge. He saw me and exclaimed my name, "Strawberry! Good morning!"
"G-Good morning!" I said back to him.
Just don't cry, don't talk about family. You'll tell him later. The little one needs to be safe.
"Do you want me to make eggs?" I asked.
"Yeah! I'm just gonna take a shower real quick." He came to me and kissed my lips before running upstairs. I sighed, grabbing the eggs and grabbing a nearby pan my boyfriend put out for me. I heated up the stove and cracked an egg onto the pan, then another one.
Eggs, some eggs have babies.
"No, stop it Strawberry, get it together." I mumbled to myself. It was really a scary moment for me, I mean, I wanted a family just not yet. Gingerbrave and I weren't ready, yet last night made a mistake.
Or was it a mistake?
I don't think so...
What about the baby? What am I gonna name it? Is it a boy or a girl?
I mixed the eggs with a spoon so it wouldn't flake around the pan. Soon making them into omelets.
I grabbed two plates from the cabinets in the kitchen and placed them next to the pan which had the eggs, grabbing a spatula, I carried the eggs onto the two plates.
I held the plates in my hands and placed them on the dinner table, I saw Gingerbrave walk downstairs.
Hopefully he didn't look at the trash.
"Hey Strawb!"
"Hey Brave," I came up to him and pecked him on the cheek, he gave a small giggle. "hope you're hungry!"
"I am, and I'm going out today, is that okay?"
"Yeah!" That gives me a chance to at least get help with the baby. "I won't be lonely, I promise."
"Thank you babe." Gingerbrave gave me his goofy smile.

—————

I ran to Creampuff's.
She was my friend, and she knows how Latte felt when she was pregnant with Almond's child. Maybe she knows how to help.
I quickly ran on her front doorstep and knocked on it, I heard other voices in there, hopefully it's cookies I knew.
Creampuff Cookie opened the door, "Strawberry! Hi! What happened? You look scared..."
"I-I need to talk." I stuttered as she let me inside the house. Wizard and Strawberry Crepe were talking on the couch while Wild Strawberry was hanging with Pancake Cookie. Gingershy beside her. Custard Cookie the III was also there, he immediately ran up to me.
"Hey Strawberry!" He giggled as he hugged me, I hesitantly hugged him back.
"Hi..."
"What happened?" He asked as he pulled away from me.
"Creampuff, can you get the others away from here?" I politely pondered to her, she nodded.
"Hey, could you guys go in the kitchen? It's for a few minutes."
They all nodded, as they headed to the kitchen, Creampuff and I sat down on the couch.
"What happened?" Creampuff asked.
I took deep breaths as tears started to come back to me, I was scared again. Thinking of those awful moments if Brave were to ditch me.
"I-I'm...I'm..."
"You're what?" She started to rub circles onto my back.
"I'm pregnant."
Silence pulled our mouths for a moment, but it broke as I heard Pancake gasp. We both turned to him, he was in the hallway of where the kitchen was next to, sparkles in his eyes.
"Pancake, don't you-"
He ran into the kitchen, screaming, "STRAWBERRY IS HAVING A CHILD!"
"Oh no! Oh no, no, no..." I whispered to myself.
"I'm sorry Strawberry, PANCAKE!"
Silence then traveled to the kitchen.
"Strawberry's what?" I heard Wild say quietly.
"She's having a child." Pancake said again.
"Sis?" Wild peeked through the kitchen, looking straight at me.
Then a mob of cookies came running to me, asking if I was okay.
"Did Gingerbrave hurt you?!" Wild Strawberry exclaimed. "If so, guarantee that he'll be on the floor when I go there!"
"Wild, slow down..." Gingershy touched her shoulder.
"Did this happen just now?" Wizard questioned.
"Boy or girl?" Pancake jumped onto my lap.
I was getting overwhelmed, and I quickly ran into the bathroom, pushing cookies down. I busted the door open and ran for the toilet, what overwhelmed me came out of my mouth. I was sick. Sick and tired. I didn't want it to happen like this.
"Strawberry!" Wild rushed over to me and patted my back.
"You guys...too noisy..." I coughed as my sister gave me a napkin. I wiped my mouth.
"Sorry, I just got...worried..." She sighed.
"Hey Strawberry, are you doing okay?" Creampuff Cookie walked into the bathroom.
"I'm—s-s-scared..." Tears were coming back to me, Wild Strawberry patted my back.
"Wanna go talk in my room?" Creampuff said.
"Y—Yeah..."
"Do you mind if I come? I just wanna be there for my sister." Her auburn eyes looked at me, she's never been this worried... "And besides, our mom doesn't know about this, she's gonna freak out."
"Carmen Sandiego Cookie! Oh I totally forgot!" I exclaimed.
"Hey, right now let's go talk it out."

————

I was bawling my eyes out while Creampuff and Wild Strawberry Cookie calmed me down.
"G-Gingerbrave doesn't know! And w-w-we're not ready yet! I don't know how to be a mom!"
"Hey, calm down, he'll understand!" Creampuff reassured me.
"But he won't! He'll leave!" I covered my face as I cried. My baby won't have a father if I tell him!
"Strawberry, stop crying please, it's...it's freaking me out dude..." Wild gave me a hug, which was unusual for the crooked misfit.
"S-Sorry I just-"
"Strawberry?"
That was Gingerbrave's voice.
"Oh no..." I whispered, shaking.
"Strawberry, you have to tell him...or you just hop outta the window." Wild told me. "Just be safe okay? We all love you." She gave me one last squeeze.
"Be careful..." Creampuff added. I got up and opened the window, luckily there was a ladder there. I hopped down step by step and ran, I ran to find my favorite place to be alone.

————

I sat on the roots of the big tree and cried.
I don't have anyone near me to hug, it's usually Gingerbrave.
I was alone.
I had only my baby with me, I rubbed my stomach, somehow feeling the energy of comfort of my baby.
"It's okay...it's okay..." I quietly hushed me and the baby, as if the baby could hear it in my stomach.
"Shhh..." I softly said. "N-No more crying...isn't that right...uh...Braveberry?"
Braveberry.
I love that name.
I turned myself to my side and curled myself up into a ball. I closed my eyes.
Maybe Wild Strawberry is right, I should've just told him. It would be better, and maybe Brave will like Braveberry when they come into the world. Maybe we'll be happy. A happy family, and maybe have another child to be a sibling for Braveberry.
But...
It's a risk of 50%.
And I'm scared to take it.
I sighed and listened to the birds, gently putting myself to sleep.
That's when I heard footsteps.
I've been found.
I opened my eyes, and what I feared for the day came.
Gingerbrave was walking towards me.
I couldn't run, I have to face it. This is my fault anyway for not being careful...
"Strawb, what're you doing here?" He asked in a gentle tone.
"S-Sleeping..." I mumbled, he sat beside me, leaning against me.
"You have a bed for that...you know that right?" He pondered more.
My stomach clenched.
"Yeah..."
"Then...what're you doing here?"
"Sleeping. I told you." I said rather angrily.
We went silent for a bit, then Brave spoke up again.
"Your sister said you were crying, and needed time alone. Are you okay now?" Brave pondered.
I sighed.
"No."
I felt his hand slip into mine.
"Want cuddles?"
I started to shake again, and tears came back, staining my hoodie.
"Y—Yeah." I turned to him and hugged him as he wrapped his arms around my back and torso.
"Shhh...it's okay baby..." He gave a gentle kiss on my head.
"I-I-I'm...scared..." I whimpered to him.
"Why? It's a perfect day today...unless you aren't...telling me something?"
It's time. Whether I hate it or not.
I pulled away from what could be our last hug and wiped the tears off my eyes.
"It's time..." I whispered. I pat my stomach, calming me down. "Gingerbrave..."
"Yeah...?" He cocked his head in question.
"Meet Braveberry..." I pointed to my stomach. He got confused.
"Braveberry?" Gingerbrave pondered.
"Brave I'm..." I started to tear up again. "I'm pregnant."
He looked at me silently.
"I-I'm so sorry!" I suddenly bawled. His expression was unknown as I covered my face to cry into my hands. "I know you aren't ready but it came all—all of a sudden!" My breath hitched as I stuttered to say more. "I'm not ready—e-either! I don't know if I'll be a good mom just don't—LEAVE ME!"
I pounced onto him, crying into this chest. I don't want him to leave me, I loved him too much. I love his company, he's a great boyfriend and I don't want that to end. Not ever.
"Shhh..." He finally whispered. "Calm down...please calm down..." He gently rubbed my head which slowed my fast heartbeat. I stopped crying and only sniffled while snuggled onto my boyfriend's chest.
After a while...he said something, "Braveberry...they're ours right?"
"Y-Yeah..." I murmured.
"Totally sure? Like, actually super sure?"
"Yes Gingerbrave..."
He hugged me tightly.
"I'm gonna...be a father?"
"If you want Brave, you c-can leave-"
"No." He cut me off.
"Wha?"
"You are the one thing I swore to protect, and now, on my heart I swear to protect you and Braveberry." Brave's hand ran across my stomach, it was a warm, butterfly feeling that me and the baby enjoyed.
"Y-You won't leave?" I pondered softly to him.
"Never. I'm happy to have this baby with you Princess." He looked at me with his blue eyes, and I smiled.
"Really?"
"Really."
Gingerbrave then picked me up bridal style, swinging me around happily while I giggled. He then stopped and squeezed me tight.
"I'll be the best father there can be!" He declared proudly, as he usually does. "And you..." Brave's eyes looked at me. "will be the best mother." He kissed my lips, I kissed back.
"And Braveberry..." I started. "will be the cutest baby to ever come to us."
"Braveberry," Gingerbrave smiled. "I love that name."

——————
Sad but happy ending yayyyyy