Chapter 5: Midnight Mystery

Jinkx peered at Katya through her bedsheets. It was midnight. She had pretended to sleep for three hours, and now it was time for her to prove to Katya that RuPaul was locking away magic. "Ya ready?" she asked Katya, who was skeptical but still intrigued by the idea of crystals that give oneself near omnipotent power. It amazed her. Katya looked at Jinkx with slumberous eyes. "I s'pose I am." she responded. Jinkx grinned a large, convex grin. "Let's go!".

The redhead and blonde silently tapped the navy carpet floors as to not be heard. They ambled along the stairs until they heard the creaking of a door. Anxious and unsure, they sped down and out of the dormitory into the office of RuPaul Charles himself. The person who was responsible for the creaking, however, was already aware of what the girls were ambling about in the halls for. She had overheard the two gossiping in the restrooms and had developed an insatiable curiosity for the supposed magic of Tuckahoe. Pulling a black hood on, she stumbled out. Luckily for her Latrice was a heavy sleeper and didn't notice the rackety sounds being made. However, the magic had already happened.

Examining the office window, they saw RuPaul. He was polishing two crystals, one red & one indigo.  Grasping the red gem, he transformed into a beautiful woman. Luscious blonde hair popped out onto her typically bald head. Her bright blue suit transformed into a short, seductive white dress with carefully placed tears across. Her black flats morphed into what looked to be go-go boots. The glow of the stone appeared to have caused Katya's hands to shimmer a fluorescent red. "I told you so." Jinkx whispered. Katya answered with "So the crystals are magic, yes. But I see no signs of anyone being drained of power.". Jinkx, about to respond, was tripped by a speeding Trixie Mattel. Her hands were also dusted red, which Jinkx noticed when she lifted herself back up.

"Sorry...sorry. What's going on?" she asked. "He's magic!" Katya answered. "Not just that!" Jinkx said, pointing to the window. RuPaul had gotten out a pen and checked a name off a list. Trixie analyzed every detail (a trait she's known for back home) and found out what the name read. "Lucian Piane!" Trixie whispered. "He was supposed to be my math teacher! What do you think he did to him?" Trixie asked Jinkx. "He used the crystal to suck his soul and leave him devoid of personality, and he was fired. He kinda deserved it though. All he did was rant about shit anyway—at least that's what some friends told me. HE WAS THE WOR-". RuPaul muttered because he could hear them and fogged the windows using his Indigo stone. Trixie & Katya's hands began sparkling a new color. "Why are my hands colorful?" asked Trixie. "I dunno." said Jinkx. "I've never had my hands glow. Do you guys moisturize? I recommend...". A noise interrupted Jinkx. Realizing the noise was coming towards the window, she grabbed Trixie and Katya's hands and ran off back to the second floor. Trixie and Katya's hands then stopped glowing. The three young women went back to their dorms and slept til the sunrise, but Trixie could not help but wonder why her and Katya's hands were glowing while Jinkx's hands remained the pasty color they always were. What did it mean?