Chapter 27

Today, John took his little brother to the playground.

While Oliver was playing on the playset, John sat by Frostina.

"You know.. it is strange how it can rain here and everything." John said. "And it can even be hot! How is any of that possible? Where does the rain come from?"

Frostina looked up to the sky.

"Well, you see how the sky here is just a very light blue?" She said. "If it's gray, it'll rain. If it's orange, it's hot."

All of his time here, John never really paid attention to the color of the sky.

"it's a good thing it's not hot today." He said. "it's the perfect temperature for you to be out."

Frostina smiled, and nodded. She then looked at Oliver playing, and her eyes widened a little.

"Hey, John, isn't that Luke?" She said.

John looked at the playground. And there he was. Luke, the kid who attacked John. It wasn't his fault though.

"Yeah.. it is. He seems to be doing good." He said. "I hope he doesn't notice me, because I don't want him to feel bad about hurting me that time."

"I'm sure he doesn't remember anything." Frostina said. "Why don't you go say hi to him?"

John stood up, and walked over to Oliver and Luke playing.

Oliver immediately noticed his brother and grinned. "Hi Johhny!!" He said. "You remember Luke, right?"

John smiled at him, then turned to Luke.

"Yeah, I remember him." John said. "Hi, Luke. How you doing?"

Luke hid behind Oliver and slowly waved.

"Hi.." he said quietly. Was Luke ever shy of John? Or does he remember what happened?

"Johnny, can you help me get onto the monkeys?"

John raised an eyebrow. "Monkeys?"

Oliver nodded, and pointed to the monkey bars. "Monkeys! Please?"

John realized that he meant to say monkey bars. "Sure, but isn't that too high?"

Oliver shook his head. "No! I'm not scared of them!" He said. "I just wanna try it!"

John sighed. "Fine, but please don't fall okay?"

John grabbed Oliver, and lifted him up towards the monkey bars. Oliver grabbed a bar, and grinned widely.

"Yay! I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" He said excitedly.

John chuckled at him.

"I'm sure you have to grab the next bar in front of you buddy." He said. "Here, I'll hold you as you do it."

As John was helping Oliver on the monkey bars, Luke slowly started to walk towards Frostina. She noticed him, and smiled.

"Hey there, Luke." She said. "You need anything?"

Luke shook his head, and looked down.

"no..." his quiet voice said. "I just need to..tell someone something and...I wanted to tell you.."

Frostina let him sit next to her.

"What is it you want to tell me?" She said.

Luke played with his fingers nervously, still looking down.

"Um..uh..there was a weird time I walked out of my house.." he said. "And.. I didn't have control over my body.."

Don't tell me he remembers what happened.. Frostina thought in her head.