Chapter 12

Ellie's dress

*******************

*******************

Ellie's POV
"And when I got to them, we went into.... aggressive negotiations." Anakin told me and Padme as we were eating dinner, telling stories. 

We had another blissful, stress-free day as we went for a walk on the lake shore before spending the rest of the day in the garden. 

"Aggressive negotiation? What is that?" Padme asked as a handmaiden came and served dessert to us, fresh locally picked fruit. 

"Well, negotiations with a lightsaber." I explained before laughing. 

"I guess you done it before, did you?" Anakin asked with a smirk. 

"Only when they try to kill me." I scoffed as I was about to cut my fruit when it floated off my plate and into his hand. He smiles as he placed the fruit down on his plate and took his knife to cut it. 

"If Master Obi-Wan caught me doing this, he'd be very grumpy." Anakin simply said before he used the force to send a piece back to me. 

I stuck out my fork and caught it. I took a bite of it as I was smiling at him. Anakin went to cut off his own piece when I flicker my finger and send the rest back onto my plate. 

"It was my fruit you're planning on cutting and Padme deserves a piece as you have forgotten about her." I teased. 

"Thank you, Ellie." Padme snickered as she stick her fork out for me to send a piece to her. She caught it and took a bite of it. 

"Can I have a piece please, Butterfly?" Anakin asks, giving me a puppy dog face. 

"You're lucky that look would work. Sooner or later, it won't." I teased as I send him a piece and he caught it with the force. 

"Thank you, Butterfly." 

TIME SKIP

Padme went to bed early as I went to the fireplace alcove alone. I was listening to my playlist as it was shuffling. The song I'm listening is "I wanna love you forever." by Jessica Simpson. It's like a calming but sad song for me because I know it will never happen for me. 

"Can I join you, Ellie?" Anakin asked. 

"Sure." I sighed as I felt the tension building up once again and it was uneasy.

I paused the song and look at him as if he was about to say something. And he did as I knew where this was going. 

"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, a day hasn't gone by when I haven't thought of you." He started. "And now that I'm with you again, I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you makes my stomach turn over, my mouth goes dry. I feel dizzy, I can't breathe." 

Anakin paused as I felt getting so nervous. "I'm haunted by the kiss you should never have given me. I know I said we can pretend it never happened, but my heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar." Anakin said gently, but a sense of neediness in his voice. He moved closer to me and tried to take my hand but I pulled back. "You are in my very soul, tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything you ask." He pleaded.