ptsd

~your russian friend~

steve and dustin climbed onto the top of the elevator and tried to get someone to respond on the walkie-talkie. i sat next to robin while erica paced around the room. "how do i end up in situations like this by trusting my brother?" i asked. "this has happened before?" robin asked. "well, we fought inter-dimensional monsters and almost died last year," i said. "what?" she asked. "long story, but my guess is, if we are having trouble with the russians, the rest of dustin's friends are having problems with something else and we don't know about it yet," i said.

"like what?" she asked. "maybe the mind flayer is back, i don't know," i shrugged. "i probably shouldn't be telling you this so don't go blabbing please," i said. "i- okay, i won't," she said and steve came back down. "nothing," he said. "there's not gonna be a signal all the way down here," i said. "yeah there's not at all," he said. we heard something move outside the elevator and i looked over. "get up top," i whispered. erica ran over and we helped her up, then robin, then me, and then i grabbed steve's hand and pulled him up after he stepped on the boxes. people walked in and i covered my mouth just in case, i didn't want them to hear us.

"blake?" billy yelled. "where are you doll?" he yelled. i covered my mouth as i hid in the furnace room, i didn't want him to find me. he was so horny he wouldn't leave me alone, i didn't want to. i told him i was in the bathroom. i heard his footsteps outside the door and tears spilled out of my eyes as i sucked in. i thought he walked away but the door flung open and he hit me with it.

"blake! let's go," steve said. i snapped out of the trance i was in and wiped away the tears that had suddenly appeared, following them down. after the men were gone steve but the green liquid in the way so we could crawl out. "let's go let's go let's go," he said. once we were all out steve looked at me with a concerned look.

"what's wrong?" he mouthed. i just shook my head and grabbed his hand reassuringly. "holy mother of god," dustin said and we all looked in the same direction he was. "well, hope you guys are in good shape," steve said. "lookin at you roast beef," he said to dustin and started walking, dragging me with him cause of the hold on my hand. "why me?" dustin asked. we walked. so. fucking. far.

"as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive," dustin said. "what are you talking about?" steve asked. "this is a total fire hazard," he said. "are we seriously talking about this?" i sighed. i stopped listening when steve grabbed me and dustin. "do you think the russians know about-," "they could," dustin said. "so it's connected?" steve asked. "maybe," i said. "how?" he asked. "i don't know, but it's," dustin said. "possible," we all said. "i'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" robin asked. we heard someone speaking russian and we got the walkie-talkie out. "it's the code," i said as we listened.

"that means it's close," robin said. "and if it can reach the surface here," i said. "that means we're close," dustin said. "let's go," i said. we continued walking and finally reached people. we hid as people went passed and they almost saw us. "okay clear, come on let's go," steve whispered. "that was close," robin said. "too close," dustin said. "let's go," steve said. "nobody saw relax alright?"

we turned the corner and saw tons of people. we all stared at them before realizing. "shit," i whispered and we hid. "red dawn," robin said. "i saw it," erica said. "what?" steve asked. "the comms room, northeast upstairs," she said. "you saw the comms room?"steve asked. "correct," she said. "are you sure?" dustin asked. "positive the door was open for a second," she said. "i saw a bunch of lights and shit in there,"

"that could hundred different things," i said. "i'll take those odds," robin said. we all looked over the boxes carefully. "alright, we're gonna move fast, stay low, okay?" steve said. "okay," we all said and followed him. we stopped behind huge air conditioners, then waited for steve's signal. he ran and grabbed the door before it closed and we ran in after him. we all sighed before turning around and seeing the russian man standing there. he went to grab his weapon but robin started saying the code. he didn't seem intrigued and went for his weapon again but steve started yelling and charging at him.

they went back and forth fighting when steve grabbed the mic and hit him in the face, knocking him out. "dude!" dustin said. "you won a fight!"

"jeez," he laughed and dustin grabbed the guards keycard. "what're you doing?" erica asked. "getting our ticket out of here," he replied. "you want us to walk all the way back?!" she asked. "well we could hangout here for awhile, have a little picnic," he said. "we came here for the radio!" she yelled. "well this plan is better if i had known steve could knock out a russian, that would've been our plan in the first place," he said. "stop arguing like you're four, you wanna die in here sinclair?" i asked. "no but i wanna know what's going on down here," she said.

"no shit sherlock, we all do, but if you wanna see your precious uncle jack then we gotta go," i said. "guys," robin said and we all looked at her. "there's something up there," she said. we followed her up the stairs and looked through the glass windows at whatever the hell the russians were making. "holy shit," dustin said. "is that the.." i said. "gate," steve said and we started walked down the stairs. "i don't understand you've seen this before?" robin asked. "not exactly," i said. "all you need to know is it's bad," dustin said. "really bad," steve said. "like end of the human race as we know bad," dustin said. "and you know about this how?" she asked.

"uh steve? where's your russian friend?" erica interrupted. an alarm started going off and i rolled my eyes. steve walked over and opened the door and sighed. "shit," he said and closed it. "go go go go go!" he said and we all ran up the stairs and into the creepy gate room. we kept running and ended up right by the thing blasting the gate. "HOLY SHIT," dustin and i yelled. "guards go!" robin yelled and we followed steve. "oh shit oh shit!" he said and shoved barrels into the two guards closest to us and we kept running. we ran in a room and steve and i held it shut. "robin!" i yelled and they all looked around.

erica opened a vent and she and dustin started getting in it. "GO! just get outta here!" steve yelled. "dustin go!" i yelled. "i won't forget you!" he said. "GO!" steve, robin, and i all yelled and they left as they got the door open and we fell. they aimed their guns at us and i put my hands up.