chapter 23

A/N : Hello, everyone! I hope you are all doing fine. I really really hate exams, but I am finally back with a new chapter and a bonus at the end.

This is the longest chapter this; 7000+ words! *dancing* I hope you will enjoy it.

**********

Keigo crouched down and prepared to take off again like he did the whole night. His heavy breathing was the only thing that could be heard in the middle of the night and he could feel the spikes of pain running all over his body because, despite Recovery Girl treating his injuries, his body still needed healing. Keigo knew he should stop, to let himself rest , but he couldn't, he needed to train more and more because he had failed at protecting Touya while those villains tortured him and he had failed when he couldn't save Touya or when he wasn't fast enough to not let Mr. Asahi use his quirk on him.

'So naive, Hawks . '

The words kept running through his head like a mantra and Mr. Asahi was right, how could Keigo be a hero if he was this stupid? Unable to save his friend, his first best friend.

So, Keigo decided that he had to train more. Even though he ages back and remembers the training he endured at the hands of the commission, he still needed to train more, to make himself stronger and faster.

Keigo's sight wasn't the best at night, but the commission sometimes trained him with a blindfold on his eyes to get himself adjusted to the dark, so it wasn't this hard to fly faster in the air and sharpen his feathers to hit the target in front of him, and he succeeded in hitting every single one of them. 

'So naive, Hawks.'

Why did he listen to Mr. Asahi even when Touya and Ania tried to warn him? — Keigo thought, but he knew the answer because whenever Mr. Asahi ordered him to do something, his mind couldn't help but be blank and follow orders.

'We have raised you, Hawks, you should follow everything we say.'

And he at that moment was afraid of the punishment Mr. Asahi would inflict on him if he didn't follow his orders. So, he ignored all the signs and went to Mr. Asahi, leaving Touya and Ania.

'Hawks is more stronger than Keigo.'

Maybe Madame President was right and Keigo was a weak, scared little boy who could be good for nothing. 

Maybe DadZawa was wrong? The question flashed through Keigo's mind and he couldn't answer anything except yes, DadZawa was wrong.

Keigo landed on the ground with a slight huff and he just stood for a moment, frozen in the dead silence of the night. His body hurts, everything hurts. He lowered himself to the ground as he felt that his legs wouldn't hold him any longer. Weak Body Weak! Weak! Weak!.

'You never learn, boy.' His father's voice sneered in his mind. 'You are good for nothing.'

"Yes, papa," Keigo whispered, blinking the blur out of his eyes as he brought his knees up to his chest and hugged them with his arms.

'Worthless, I don't know why your mother is keeping you.'  

Keigo's breaths were growing shallow and short and quick. He tries to bite the tremor out of his lips, trying to compose himself and keep the panic at bay. He didn't want to drown again in the black, he hated it there – always feeling helpless and worthless.

'Keigo," he looked up and found Aizawa in front of him, crouching to be on the same level as his. Why didn't Keigo sense him coming? Was he really slipping and becoming weak? He should have sensed Aizawa's presence — the questions made Keigo's eyes blur from the tears that threatened to fall down. "What are you doing here alone, Keigo?" Aizawa's voice was tired and Keigo felt more guilty because Aizawa was here with him and wasn't sleeping.