Chapter 33

Today at 2:30 a.m

Location sent

Giran's message came to him on the burner phone that he purchased on the same day that Touya and Keigo returned to their actual age. He cursed upon reading it because it was 1 in the morning and he was finally about to catch some sleep, but now he had to go to an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of Musutafu to meet the league of Villains (or the league of Vigilantes as people were calling them these days.) 

Why has this become his life? – Aizawa thought, but he knew that it was for the league's benefit to send the message before the meeting by only half an hour, so they wouldn't be able to call in reinforcements or anything.

He knew it was a reckless plan - any sane hero wouldn't want to meet the league of villains (or the league of vigilantes as people are calling them these days) and throw himself into a lion's den. He wasn't even sure if they would agree to their conditions, but by having Touya on their side and Oboro on the other side, Aizawa hoped that the meeting would end well.

He sighed and got out of his bed, thank God – he was awake to see the message – he checked on Eri to make sure that she was asleep, he didn't want to leave her, but what made him less worried was that Shinsou had decided to sleep these days in their dorm. So, he checked on Shinsou too and after making a cup of coffee, he sent a message to Nedzu to inform him of the meeting and unsurprisingly, the principal answered immediately as if he was waiting for Aizawa's message - Which was creepy as fuck in Aizawa's opinion. He called Touya to meet him at the front gate and thankfully he answered on the third ring because Aizawa was so damn tired of going to the dorms to get Touya.

After a couple of minutes, he made his way to the front gate and found Snipe waiting for him and a car parked next to him. 

God, he needed another cup of coffee, or maybe ten cups of coffee. What a stupid fucking plan? Going to meet the league of villains with one hero and a former league member – Aizawa thought after Snipe grimaced at him, both of them waited for Touya to arrive, which didn't take long as Aizawa could see his figure approaching from a distance.

"Ready?" Aizawa asked as soon as Touya approached them.

"Yes," Touya answered, and he tried to hide the nervousness from his tone because he didn't know what the league would decide; would they kill them or accept the conditions? - would they want him back or call him a traitor? Because deep down, Touya knows that he cares about them and he doesn't want to lose them. They were the only people who accepted him when he was tossed aside by society as if he was nothing, as if he was trash. So, he wanted the meeting to end well and hopefully, they would accept Nedzu's conditions like how Touya accepted them -

And hopefully, Touya will make sure that they are given a chance like the one he was given.

                ———————

The night was cold, the chill of frost in the air forming goosebumps over Aizawa's skin and numbing his nose and hands. Cold wind rifled through his hair as they stood in the abandoned warehouse waiting for the league of villains to show up. Touya was on his side, while Snipe was somewhere he didn't know. Probably hiding in the shadows and waiting for anyone who would attack them.

Aizawa buried his face in his capture weapon as if it would keep him warm and sighed for the millionth time when the league still hadn't shown up. Are they going to show up? Or is it a trap? – he thought as he tried to listen to everything around him which was nothing except the heavy breaths of him and Touya and the sound of the wind that kept hitting them like bullets.

"They will show up," Touya said after a few moments of silence and he seemed to be saying it to himself, not to Aizawa - as if to assure himself that his friends would welcome him back. It sometimes throws Aizawa off guard when he sees Touya express his emotions around him because he always thought that Dabi was a cold-blooded villain who didn't care about anyone, but he was glad that he sometimes caught the few glimpses of the Touya who cares - it gives Aizawa the push to continue on his path to save Touya and help him to have a better future.