Dreams - Chapter Two

~Ariana Sebel~

It has been 2 months since Rean’s death. I’m slowly starting to feel better, and trying to get things back to normal.

I have been shopping in the mall for a few hours now and found something that reminded me or Rean. I broke down crying and fell to the floor in front of the product. I don’t know what came over me, but it just happened. I couldn’t stop sobbing and tears rolled down my cheeks like bowling balls.

I felt a light touch on my shoulder and looked up to find two guys hovering above me.  The shorter boy with blonde hair and brown eyes smiled slightly and walked away. The taller guy with brown hair and blue eyes gestured his hand towards me and helped me up off of the dirty floor. It was then that I hugged him, I needed to hug someone and he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He hugged me back, squeezing me slightly. It felt nice and somehow he made me feel comfortable. We just stood there and didn’t say anything.

I didn’t know him, nor did he know me, but after a few minutes we looked each other in the eyes. His eyes were warm and inviting and they glinted slightly from the sun blazing through the windows.

He lowered his head towards mine and kissed me. It was unexpected and I wasn’t sure what to do, so I just kissed him back. I pulled back, remembering we were in the shopping mall and people were staring.

We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, although soon after we saw each other again. I had decided to go into the clothes shop next door and saw him in there. We got talking and I told him everything about Rean and what happened, also about everything that I have been going through lately. He sat and listened the whole time, holding me close and comforting me like Rean used to do. Just thinking about him, made me sad.

We parted once again and went about looking around in the clothing store. I realised I didn’t know what his name was, and started to search for him.

I felt someone grab my arm and I screamed, but I hand was put over my mouth to muffle the sound. I was pulled into a smoky room with teenagers, crammed up on a stage all with instruments. I was pushed up onto the stage and they handed me a microphone.

I was terrified and didn’t know what to do, I figured they wanted me to sing, but I didn’t know the song, plus I didn’t think I could sing, at all. I glanced over to my partner, who I recognised as the guy who had helped me just a few minutes earlier. I smiled slightly and asked what his name was.

“Nathan” he replied with a smile.

“I’m Ariana and what is this place?” I asked.

“I am actually not; someone just grabbed me and yanked me into this room. They stuck a microphone in front of me and left, so I’m guessing we’re singing together? “

“Well, yeah I’m guessing so. Although I cannot sing, just letting you know.”

“Neither can I don’t worry. I just hope I know the song.” He smiled gently.

The song came on and I and realised that I knew it.

The start was a female singer, meaning I started first.

I opened my mouth and started to sing. I was scared out of my skin, and was horrified because I knew I couldn’t sing. I stopped singing and waited for Nathan to sing his part. He started to sing and I was astonished, he was lying. He could sing and he knew it.

He smiled at me and moved closer. My part was coming up, and I looked away from him, knowing that he was showing me up and I could never sing as good as him.

I finished my verse and there was some instrumental before the next part.

Nathan leaned in and whispered in my ear.

“You know, you can actually sing. I think your voice is amazing. Why have I not heard you before?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about, because I cannot sing. Trust me Nathan; people tease me about my voice.”

“It’s only because they are jealous, I would be too if my voice was like yours.”

“Oh, shush you. Hurry up, you’re verse is starting.” I smirked at him, hoping for him to make a mistake, yet he didn’t. He started and finished perfectly.

After the song had finished, we got off stage. I almost fell as I lost my balance, but Nathan caught me before I could fall. We left the room, although no one knew where we were and why we were there, but we all laughed about it later.

 ©dimityanne 2011

Vote and comment! :D

(No spell check, so please excuse any mistakes.)