chapter 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

ˢᵖᵒʳᵃᵈⁱᶜ

✧˚.🎀༘⋆

[ knight in shining poganda zonda ]

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. Sure, Elton was nice and all, and one of your closest friends, but this would've been the perfect opportunity for him and Tai. Speaking of...

"Didn't Tai look cute tonight?" you asked.

"Turn away, turn away, turn away," he sang, sending you a smirk, completely ignoring the question. "Turn away, turn away..."

"I really love her hair when it's all wild, you know?" you continued, and he nodded absentmindedly. "It's also very pretty when it's all up with those curly tendrils, like in that picture Cher took."

"You know, you're one of my best friends, and I do not have friends that are girls."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, but smiled, nonetheless. "Well, I'm glad, because your happiness means a lot to me."

"It does?"

"Sure. I mean, I saw how hard your breakup with Folette was."

"Yeah... I think we both know what it feels like to be lonely."

You let out a single chuckle. "Not really. But, whatever. The thing is, I'd really like to see you settled already." He laughed lowly, before he softly turned the wheel, driving into a small parking lot of a convenience store. "Where are we going?"

Elton stopped the car, pressing his fingers together. "I knew it." He unbuckled his seatbelt. "I knew it." He suddenly leaned in, about to kiss your neck before you swiftly shoved him back, a look of disgust painting across your features.

"Ugh, you knew what?" you questioned.

"That you were totally sprung on me."

"Hello? Don't you mean Tai?"

"Tai?" he asked, as if the word was derogatory. 

"Her picture's in your locker."

"I have the picture you asked me to keep in my locker," he corrected.

"Oh, I'm having a Twin Peaks Experience," you cringed.

He leaned in again. "I knew it. I knew it when you kissed me."

"Suck and blow is a game, Elton. And FYI, it was you who kissed me. Something I didn't enjoy one bit, mind you," you scoffed as you pushed him away.

He laughed, "I know it's a game."

He leaned in yet again, and you snapped, "Stop it!"