* 1 *

𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗜 𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧___________

___________

"Jayvion this is yo' 6th time in a row , coming in late." I say seeing my boyfriend of 3 years walk through the door , clearly high off the clouds.

"Ok? It don't matter Ashanti. I'm grown as fuck, worry about yo' damn self." Jayvion spat.

"Jayvion , we're in a relationship. You are my business, what you mean. I'm tired of this. You come in high and act 'bitchy' every time." I spat back.

"Fuck you just say to me?" He say charging towards me as i bagged back.

"I said you come in acting bitchy all the time and I'm tired." I stated and soon as that sentence rolled off my tongue , he instantly grabbed me by my throat choking me. "Jayvion , let me go. I cant breath."

"Naw bitch , keep saying what you gotta say. You wanna talk crazy , I can show yo' ass crazy bitch." Jayvion tightened his grip until Ashanti was strong enough to push him off of her.

"Forget it Jayvion." Was all I said before walking in my room locking the door , calling my bestfriend.

"Same shit?" Zaria , my bestfriend sighed soon as the call connected. It was true. It happened so often , it was almost like a routine to me.

"Yes." I lowly rasped.

"The door unlocked." Zaria said and with our goodbyes , I hung up and packed a sleep bag.

I slowly walked out my room with my bag hearing the shower running which indicated that jayvion was in the shower which made me sigh in relief as I grabbed my house keys and made my way out my apartment to Zaria's house.

If you were wondering , I was born & raised in Chicago on the south side. I live in parkway gardens. I moved over here not to long ago after I moved out of my mothers house so I'm still kind of new , so nobody really knows me.

I met Zaria when we were in 5th grade. She's been living in parkway for about a year now , that's what made me move over here.

I'm currently walking to her apartment building. Typical Thursday night in Chicago. It's 2:00am so it's guys outside shooting dice , drinking , smoking and talking loud which is normal in parkway. I'm so glad everyone was in their own worlds so they wouldn't acknowledge me.

Finally making it to Zaria's apartment building , I walked up the stairs to the 3rd floor opening her door to see her in her kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. 𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑠𝑠

"Hey bestie." I sighed sitting my stuff down immediately breaking down. This was my first time breaking down after getting into it with jayvion in a long time. It was surprising. I'm pretty use to it so I was surprised.

"C'mon bestie I got you boo." Zaria said walking over towards me pulling me into a hug rubbing my back while I just let everything out.

"I'm so tired bestie. I am." I said through my cries.

"Shanti , I been telling you to leave him before it gets way worse. I know it's hard Bestie but I been telling you. It's your choice now. I don't know what more I can do. You won't let me get my brothers to beat his ass." Zaria chuckled , making me do the same.

"I know Za but I just don't know why I continue to go back. I feel so stupid. It's literally a never ending process. We argue , make up and repeat. I'm just tired bestie." I bawled while Zaria held me tighter.

"This what we gon' do , cuz im tired of this shit Ashanti. You got until next week Thursday to break shit off with him or imma get involved. He already know ion like his ass." Zaria spat sitting up some.

"Next week? Omg bestie I can-" I started.

"Hell naw g , ain't no " I can't" because you will." Zaria said cutting me off which made me nod because there's no getting out of this.

"Now c'mon , cuz I know yo' ass hungry. Skinny thick ass." Zaria laughed as we walked to her kitchen.

"Bye za cuz yo skinny ass can't say nun." I playfully said.

"Babyyy" she dragged "don't worry cuz I been drinking my ensure and I'm starting weight gain pills on Monday so my ass gon be so fat by the summer time. Ouuuweeee!" She geeked while I chuckled.

"Okkkk! Cant wait to see results!" I geeked back. One thing my bestie can do is put me in a good mood. I love her the most.

"Ight so you want noodles assum ? Cuz yo' ass don't eat a lot. You be nibbling and shit." Zaria said.

"First off , I do not nibble bitch. I want sum cup noodles doe." I laughed while she do too.

"Ok bitch , fix you some. You not a guess. You damn near live here. I'mma find us a movie to watch while you make yo' noodles." She said walking out the kitchen.

One thing Zaria didn't know it that jayvion beats on me. I never told anyone because I know they would try and kill him and that would hurt my heart , no matter what he's done to me , we still have memories.

After about 5 minutes, I finished seasoning my noodles making my way over to Zarias couch where she was sitting.

"Ight so we watching atl." She said staring the movie then going in the closet to get our covers and pillows. Whenever I come over , she sleeps in the living room with me.

"How's work going?" I asked while the ad before the movie played as I ate my noodles.

"Girl stressful as fuck." She rolled her eyes. She works at the university of Chicago as a nurse so it wasn't a easy job.

"Why you say?" I laughed.

"Girl , all them old people that be coming in there be over doing they part. Like I respect my elders but damn and then the bosses think they run shit. Ion gotta listen to yo' ass. Fuck." She ranted.

"That's why you need to start your hair business. You good at it. You do my hair all the time , you just playing. You know Chicago girls love getting they hair done."

" I want too. I think imma look into that foreal."

"You better. You could make so much more money and you wouldn't have to work for nobody." I said as I got up to throw my noodles away since I lost my appetite after 5 bites , per usual. I said back down checking my phone while the movie started seeing hella miss calls and messages from jayvion which was the usual.

"Jayvion ass?" Zaria questioned rolling her eyes once she seen my mood change.

I nodded. "Yea , same ole." I shrugged.

"Hmm gimmie yo phone so I you can't look at it." She said as I slid my phone to her.

"Thank you bestie. Love you so much." I said while getting comfortable under the covers.

"Of course booskii , you know how I'm coming bout you. Love you more." Zaria said while getting comfortable under the covers too.

About 30 minutes into the movie I felt my eyes get heavy as I looked over and seen Zaria already sleep which made me close my eyes and drift off into a deep sleep.

✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

First chapter down! How y'all feeling it?

Thoughts ?

Jayvion?

Zaria?

Ashanti?

Vote , comment and share this book with others!! See you in the next chapter!