CHAPTER 1: The Morning of Mourning

[ It was midnight 12:00AM. Mr.Sharma was returning home. It was a deserted lane. He was searching if he finds an auto rickshaw. ]

Mr Sharma: Huh, when you don't need an auto, they appear every second, and when you need it, see the silence!! Argh! What am I saying, it's midnight, I shouldn't even expect one.

[He was heading to his home peacefully but someone, driving his bike at an excellent speed, came and crossed near to Mr.Sharma.]

Mr. Sharma: Oh my god! What is this generation? Can't they even see a man walking!

[ The driver fell down. Mr. Sharma went to him ]

Mr. Sharma (Removed the helmet and lightly slapped the man):Hey boy, hello, who are you??? Wake up wake up.

[ The man did not respond. Mr. Sharma was frightened, he was panicked. He called for an ambulance.]

Mr. Sharma: Hello, hospital? Please send an ambulance here. An accident has occurred.

Staff: Okay, please tell me the location.

Mr. Sharma: It's Kamothe. Please be quick.

[ The ambulance arrived ]

Doctor: Did you make that call?

Mr. Sharma (panicked): Yes doctor, I called you. Please check that boy.

Doctor (indicating to the compounders): Take this boy to the ambulance, quick, quick.

[The compounders took the boy inside and the doctor started checking him. The police were called by the hospital staff. The commissioner of police was present in the police station. He picked up the call and forwarded the case to Inspector Nadeem. He called Inspector Nadeem.]

Commissioner: Hello, Nadeem. Are you sleeping?

Inspector Nadeem (Drowsy): Jai Hind sir. Sir, it's 12: 35! What do you expect from me now?

Commissioner: Sorry to bother you now Nadeem, but an accident has occurred near the government hospital. You please go and look at what's going on there.

Inspector Nadeem: Sir, please send Pujhari, I am off now.

Commissioner: Nadeem please understand, Pujhari can't go now, he is busy in another case.

Inspector Nadeem: Okay sir, I can't even say anything further. I am going. Jai hind.

Commissioner: Thankyou and sorry Nadeem. Jai hind.

Inspector Nadeem(Hangs up the call): Goddamn man!! Don't you even deserve a good sleep if you are a policeman.

[Inspector Nadeem went to the accident spot]

Inspector Nadeem: Hello, myself Rahul Nadeem. I am the senior Inspector of the local police station. Are you the witness of the accident? Did you call the ambulance?

Mr. Sharma: Hello inspector. Yes I have called the ambulance. I was the only one to witness the event. I am Ramesh Sharma.

Inspector Nadeem: Ok Mr. Sharma. Be patient. You are running like a bullet train (chuckles). So can you please explain the accident briefly.

[Mr. Sharma explains about the accident to the inspector. Now the doctor interferes and declares that the boy is dead.]

Inspector Nadeem: So sad to hear. So doctor can we proceed with our investigation?

Doctor: Yes inspector, please proceed.

Inspector Nadeem: Okay thank you.

[The police started their investigation. The inspector-In-charge ordered the constables to check for the identity of the victim. One of the constables came forward and checked the body.]