CHAPTER 7: The Beginning of The End

Inspector Nadeem: Why do you think Ahriman is involved in this case?

Shakti: As you might be knowing, I was jailed for illegally passing a tender. I passed that tender for Ahriman.

Inspector Nadeem: Go on.

Shakti: When I was caught, I revealed everything about the act, and when Ahriman came into limelight, his company AhriCorp, suffered losses. Not so big losses, but for a dignified man like Ahriman, it was a slap on his face. And I think he planned the bomb blast to kill my son! And I think he is involved in this case too!

Inspector Nadeem: Listen Shakti, you may be raged, but your allegations are rootless. How can you say he is involved in this case too?

Shakti: Don't you know that Rajesh is an employee at AhriCorp.

Inspector Nadeem: By Rajesh, do you mean Mr. Sharma??

Shakti: Yes.

Inspector Nadeem: Oh my God, I was unaware of it!!

Shakti: Huh, rootless!!!

Inspector Nadeem: I am sorry Shakti, you are right. I need to suspect him too!

Shakti: Okay, you suspect. But can I go now??

Inspector Nadeem: Shakti, you know Ahriman, more than me, why don't you help me out.

Shakti: As you say.

Inspector Nadeem: Thanks! Now let's move to Sharma's residence!

[Nadeem and Shakti jumped into the car. They reached Mr. Sharma's house. Shakti sat in the car and Nadeem went inside. He rang the bell. Mrs. Sharma opened the door.]

Mrs. Sharma (hesitantly): Oh hello Inspector.

Inspector Nadeem: Hello Mrs. Sharma. Is Mr. Sharma home?

Mrs. Sharma: No sir, it's his office hours 

Inspector Nadeem: Okay Mrs. Sharma.

Mrs. Sharma: If you have any work, I can call him better.

Inspector Nadeem: No, no Mrs. Sharma, it's okay!

Mrs. Sharma: Okay sir.

[Nadeem turned back and sat in his car. ]

Shakti: Is he home?

Inspector Nadeem: No, at the office.

Shakti: Let's drive there then!

Inspector Nadeem: Yes.

Shakti: What are your thinking sir?

Inspector Nadeem: The Sharmas are good friends of the Kumars. Mrs. Sharma didn't ask anything about the progress of the case. I was expecting such a question from her.

Shakti: Look this is not a matter to discuss, okay. Let's go to AhriCorp first.

Inspector Nadeem: Yes.

[They went to AhriCorp. It was a big building. Mr. Sharma was not just an employee, he was the Marketing manager of the company, such a glorious post. Nadeem and Shakti reached there. They went into the building. At the reception.]

Inspector Nadeem: Excuse me. Where can I find Mr. Rajesh Sharma?

Reception (checks in the computer): Sir, he's busy in a meeting right now. You have to wait.

Inspector Nadeem: Oh well, when will the meeting be over?

Reception: Sir, it will take some time, minimum of two hours.