CHAPTER 8

A/N Note: It's been a while since I updated. I apologized for it. I seriously has major writer's block for awhile now. I believe this is the longest chapter I've written with over 2000 words. Anyway, enjoy the chapter⁓

LUNA POV:

Luna noticed Draco and Cassie silently observing and judging one another. She chuckled, causing Cassie to raise an eyebrow before hugging Cassie's arm. Cassie remained silent and allowed Luna to continue. She can't help but ruminate about events in her life as they stroll silently towards 12 Grimmauld Place.

⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳

Flashback...

Luna had always been aware that she was unique. She notices things that others do not. She was aware of things that others were not. As a result, she was frequently labeled as mad or simply insane. They even call her Loony. It hurt when she was younger, but it's okay because her mother always said that the best people are insane. So Luna accepted how others perceived her and lived her life to the utmost.

Her family was made up of three people. Pandora, her lovely mother, taught her everything she knew about potions and dark arts. Which was to be anticipated, given that her mama's best friends was a Slytherin and a member of the House of Black. Mama also enjoyed telling her stories from her time at Hogwarts. Xenophillius, her papa, was always nice and taught her about mysterious creatures. He would take her to their garden, where they would observe and learn about the creatures. Despite her small family, she was content with what she had. But, like every other mortal in this cruel world, catastrophe strikes her family.

When she was seven, her mother began a new project that she kept hidden even from her father. She always told Luna that her research was done as a favor for a friend. Luna, like any other child, is curious , thus she always follows her mother when she experiments. As a result, she learns a lot about potions. The last thing she remembers before an explosion in her mama's lab was her mama's broad smile when the potion she had been working on for months finally worked. But her gorgeous smile vanished as she dashed towards Luna and cast the strongest shield spell she could muster. Luna heard a loud explosion before everything went dark.

When she awoke, she noticed her papa silently weeping by her bedside in St. Mungos. Her papa then informed her that her mother's burial will be held the next day. Luna was released from St. Mungos after the healer determined that she suffered no injuries. She silently mourned as they placed her mother's casket into the ground while gripping her papa's hand tightly during the burial. Something changed in her papa that day. She understood how much Papa valued and loved Mama. Mama was Papa's soul mate, his other half. And the loss of her forces Papa to start drifting away from Luna. She hoped she could be there for her papa, but she was merely a kid and she was forced to watch as her papa slowly lose himself.

Her papa spent his time with the Quibbler and studying mystical creatures, so she grew up alone. She also discovered that she can see thestral when she encountered one near her house after returning from the burial. Luna spends her time studying notes left by her mother to figure out how to control her ability. It was difficult at times as she was unable to distinguish the difference between the present and the future, but with her mother's notes and the assistance of her Uncle Evan and Aunt Yvnonne she was able to easily use her Seer gift. Aunt Yvnonne was a Seer just like her but unlike Luna who see the futures, her abilities allowed her to see the memories of past event.

She was eight years old when she met Uncle Evan on one of her visits to Mama's grave. He was crying in front of Mama's grave the first time she encountered him. And Luna, like her mama often said is a caring and sensitive girl and lent him her handkerchief, though it ended up making the strange man weep more. She eventually finds out that her mama had done the same thing when the two of them first met. The strange man introduced himself as Evan Rosier and asked Luna to call him Uncle Evan.