Chapter One

I was taking out the trash in the back alley when out of nowhere I heard gunshots and ducked behind the dumpster, not knowing where the shots were coming from. Once they stopped, I came back out cautiously and saw a boy around my age coming into the alley and fixing his tie. He had raven hair and wore a school boy uniform, and he walked quickly like he had somewhere to be. He seemed tense.

I hid again when he saw me because I was unsure whether he was the one shooting and we were in an alley where no one would see if I were killed.

"Hey, you!" Oh shit he saw me.

I slowly made my way out with my hands in the air. "Please don't shoot me. I was just taking out the trash. I don't want any trouble."

"What?... No, I wasn't shooting. Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to know if you've seen anyone pop into this alley seemingly out of thin air." He spoke with a serious tone and I was still nervous but I couldn't see a gun on him.

"Um, well actually my dad has been taking pictures of that sort of thing happening. Well at least that's what he says, to be honest I think he's a bit cuckoo, but he believes that aliens have come down to earth." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Are those his?" He asked me, pointing to the contraptions my dad had set up on our roof.

"Yes. But I don't know what they are. I suppose you could ask him but if you believed in aliens too I would say you're also crazy, and my dad has had enough crazy for one lifetime." I was talking too much from nerves, then the boy was suddenly in my face.

"Listen to me. I need to see whatever it is your dad has captured on picture, okay?" He spoke in a way that had my stomach in knots, he seemed innocent on the outside but this boy had quite the attitude it would seem.

"Y-yes okay." I stuttered and turned to go back inside. When the boy didn't follow I turned back and waved him in my direction. He put his hands in his pockets and followed behind me.

"Dad!" I shouted, opening the door to our apartment. "Um, let me just go find him, you should probably wait out here." I quickly closed the door behind me just as dad was coming into the kitchen. I was freaking out and about to explain what happened when suddenly the boy appeared right next to me and then both of us were freaking out.

"How did you do that?!" My dad asked whilst fumbling to get a knife out of the kitchen draw.

"Don't really have time to explain." The boy told us.

"You from the pentagon? The CIA, FBI... KGB?" I hid behind him as he held a butter knife pointed at the boy. I didn't really think that would help but I didn't have a better weapon on hand.

"Is that fresh?" He asked, pointing at the pot of coffee and teleported across the room to where it was sitting.

My dad and I both screamed a little. How the hell was he doing that? He poured himself a cup and wandered into our living room, sipping his coffee as he went.

"Hm, this Columbian?" He looked at us, seeming to like the taste of the coffee.

"It's my own blend." I told him, following him into the living room starting to feel a little less nervous as he wasn't trying to kill us, but still very confused.

He then spun around the room slowly looking over all my dad's newspaper clippings and photographs and such.

"I told you... he's a bit crazy." I whispered to him over his shoulder. "Although I'm starting to wonder if I am too." I muttered that last part to myself.

"You ever heard of Area 51?" This made my dad excited. He started going on about how he knew the truth and that my mother and I thought he was crazy. I just rolled my eyes and took a seat on the sofa, picking up the book I was reading earlier. As I read though, I made sure to keep an eye on the mysterious, teleporting boy.

"Well the truth is out there." He was totally feeding into my dad's insane ideas.

"No. No, the truth is right here, in front of us." He was walking towards the boy slowly and I simply raised an eyebrow still looking at my book. My dad thinks he's an alien, wow. "Tell me... why's it always an anal probe?" I burst out laughing as he said this.

The boy put on a sarcastic smile. "Any closer and I'll melt your brain." Can he actually do that? I thought to myself.

I was bored of this conversation as my dad started telling him about his contraptions and how he has been tracking the alien arrivals in the back alley for the past three years.

I came back into the conversation when I heard the boy say, "I got ten days to find them and save the world and I need your help to do that." I immediately put my book down.

"Save the world? What's that supposed to mean?" I guess some of my dad's crazy rubbed off on me because I have always wanted to be a superhero and saving the world was one way to do it.

"That's none of your concern." He spoke, looking back at me over his shoulder.

"But I can help. Look, I always thought this mug shot looked like arrival number 4." I said, grabbing one of my dad's newspaper clippings and showing him.

"Diego..." He muttered.

"See, that's helpful right?" I smiled wide at him. I loved being helpful.

"You have no idea." And then he was just gone. He just blinked away.

"Dammit." I sighed and went back to the sofa to read my book while my dad went crazy playing with his silly gadgets. I couldn't concentrate, however, because a certain boy in a uniform kept playing on my mind. Who was he? How did he do that teleport thing? Why couldn't I stop thinking about how dreamy his voice sounded? Wait what?!