Chapter Two

It was the next day when the boy showed up again. He was talking to my dad about developing a film or something he had, which my dad got started on straight away.

"Hey, um, I didn't get your name." He said to me, interrupting my reading, not that I was paying much attention to it now that he was here.

I looked up at him and smiled softly. "I'm Y/N, and you are?" I held out my hand.

"Five." Like the number? I thought. He reached out to shake my hand and I couldn't help but notice how strong his grip was but how soft his hand felt in mine.

"Pleasure. So, are you going to tell me how you keep teleporting everywhere? Maybe you really are an alien..." I giggled, just joking with that last part.

He held a slight smile for just a second. "I was adopted as a baby by an eccentric billionaire, along with my 6 siblings, and raised to fight crime with our superhuman abilities." He blurted out in a very serious tone.

"Wait really?" I just stared at him dumbfounded until my dad's radio went off announcing a code 3-15 at the Holbrook Sanatorium.

"What the hell is a code 3-15?"

"Fugitives on the run."

"Oh Diego..." He whispered.

"Who's Diego? Oh, is he the guy from the mugshot?" I said, a little too excited.

"Yeah, think Batman then aim... lower." I nodded.

"So, shall we go find him?" I asked whilst grabbing my jacket.

"We? No. I'll go find him, I'll be back as soon as I can." He started to walk away, grabbing my dad's keys.

"No wait, please!" I grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving. "Come on, I need to get out of this house, my dad doesn't even let me go to school anymore. He's worried the government will brainwash me. I just want to do something useful." I let go of him and looked into his eyes. They were a very pretty shade of green, rather handsome.

"Fine, but just stay out of my way."

"Yes!" I exclaimed and hugged him quickly, then ran out the door before he could change his mind.

***

"Okay, there they are. Grab my hand." He said, holding his hand out to me.

"What? Why?"

"Just grab my hand."

"Okay fine. I just don't see why-" I was cut off as he jumped us into the back of the car Diego was in.

"Who the hell are you?!" Some girl shouted with a British accent while looking back at the both of us.

"Hi, I'm his loving brother." Five said with a fake smile.

"Who left me to rot in the nuthouse." Diego snapped back.

"To protect you from yourself." Five spat at him.

"Aw that's quite sweet." The girl said, whom I assumed came from the Sanatorium along with Diego.

"Yeah. That is quite sweet actually." I agreed, smiling a little at Five.

"And you are?" Diego stared me down.

"Oh, I'm Y/N. Five is sort of staying at my house with me and my dad, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and looked to Five for confirmation.

"Okay. All of you, out." He rolled his eyes and turned back to the front of the car.

"Lose the crazy lady and come with us. We have important business." Five tried to reason with Diego.

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Okay, fine." Five leaned over me to look out of the window. I blushed from having his face so close to mine. I could smell his cologne. "Officer!" He yelled to the policeman walking past.

Diego grabbed him by his blazer and pulled him back into the car. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, haven't you heard? There's a reward out for you two." I giggled, catching on to Five's plan. He smiled wide along with me.

"They're bluffing." The crazy lady said.

Diego hesitated. "No, they're not. Fine, I'll go with you."

"What about me?" The crazy lady spoke again. I was becoming impatient, aren't we supposed to be saving the world? I rolled my eyes. 

"And I'm bringing the crazy lady." She smiled creepily at that.