naked

Cause here I am
I'm giving all I can
But all you ever do is mess it up
Yeah, I'm right here
I'm trying to make it clear
That getting half of you, just ain't enough

violetta fern

"i hate him so much,"

addison rubs my back as i wipe at my eyes frantically, savannah walking in with a cup of warm tea for me, bruno sat on my other side with his head in my lap. i obviously couldn't just come out and tell them every single thing that happened with harry, and why it happened, but at the same time i knew that i needed someone in this moment. i haven't ever had friends like this before, and it's just something i wish harry understood, that this is important to me.

not telling me that my fathers best friend when i was younger tried to get into our home is something i don't think i could forgive him for. no matter how hard i try, i can't see a reason for him to keep something like that from me. i felt betrayed, like we had gotten to a place where i felt comfortable with harry and then he turns around and keeps this from me.

i thought we had a moment at the mall, i thought we were getting somewhere.

my father and his friends sometimes needed a distraction, and to them, i was their best distraction. trey was amongst the worst though, he was sloppy and dirty, spit everywhere and i felt the worst after him, even compared to my father.

"he can't keep things like past relationships from you," savannah says and i have to hold back a laugh at my lie. i told them harry had a girl over and was flaunting her around in front of me, which is so a lie.

"i just thought we were getting somewhere," i mumble, sipping on some tea and my body was still shaky with anxiousness from our fight. he called me childish-the furthest thing i would compare myself to, and for some reason that hit me harder than him keeping the fact trey tried to break in from me.

i just have so many questions and unanswered plots that he keeps from me, and i'm so tired of trying to figure everything out for myself in our home. we live together and sure, he may not like it, but it's bizarre to me that he thinks he can keep that from me, it will just never make any sense.

"i think you really like him, violet," addison says, and i squeeze my eyes closed, laughing to myself.

fuck, she's right.

"i really wish i didn't though," i sniffle, addie rubbing my back soothingly and i wipe my eyes quickly, sitting up a little bit. "do you guys mind if i stay here tonight? i don't really wanna go back there," i ask, fully prepared for them to say no, but savannah immediately jumps in. "of course you can, violet, no problem...you can always stay here," she says, hugging me from the side and i grin at her, wiping the rest of my tears away.

"thank you, guys...i'll make it up to you i promise," i sigh, settling back against the couch knowing i had escaped harry for a night.

i really like harry, i swear i do, but at this point it's only me trying, even after he promised he would. i don't think him and i are on the same page like i thought.

god that hurts so bad.

savannah and addie leave to put a pizza in the oven and my phone buzzes for the hundredth time, and as much as i want to answer, and i want to forget about this, i can't.

i just really can't believe i trusted him.

"violetta! get out here!" i jump from the couch when i hear harry's voice, squeaking and hiding under my blanket, harry pounding on the door before savannah opens it, and i can't really hear their conversation before i hear his footsteps, and they stop right before me, my eyes squeezed shut.