pull the trigger

I'ma stay winning, I don't believe in luck
I believe that life's a buffet, better eat it up
I've seen enough to know that I'm really 'bout to blow
Never felt like an employee, always felt like CEO
Even when I stacked shoes, I was never clocked in
Yeah, I always walked out, but I never walked in
That's a tribute to my head-space

h.

there is so much more to life than secrets, i've discovered this month and a half we've been here.

Violetta had been coped up in her room, sat at her desk for nearly two hours now, and i stay sat in the recliner down the hall, reading my book and watching the sun set behind the lake, one violetta nor i have even stepped near.

we had plans to watch a film, but the more violetta started drawing, i knew i could kiss that goodbye.

i let my book fall into my lap, my old leather scrap from one of my training jackets as my bookmark, and i stand, stretching and i sigh at the creaks of my bones, walking towards the sound of soft music, and i grin as i hear her soft humming, the floor creaking under me.

"blue?"

i grin at her voice, the way it was hoarse in the dry wind of fall, and i walk into her room, finding her eyes at her desk immediately. "hey, sunshine," i mumble, scratching my neck, and i walk towards her, watching her lean back in her chair and she turns to look at me. "what've you been up to?" i mumble, walking closer and i tug at the front of my hoodie, leaning down to her and i sigh as i push my nose to her curls, letting out a breath into them.

she stills at my touch at first, but then wraps her arms around mine, as if she doesn't want me to leave. "drawing," she mumbles, turning her head a bit so i was met with her eyes again. "you're a big softy," she grins and i scoff, basking in the scent of her hair. "no m' not," i lie through my teeth, and violetta laughs at me, watching as i crawl up onto her bed, sitting so i could still see her and her drawing, the same one she had been working on lately, the one of a small field, delicate flowers surrounding it.

"you've been quiet since we got home," i comment, noticing the way she stiffens at my sudden voice, and i clear my throat, getting her to look up at me. "just tired, s' all," she says, running a hand through her curls to push them back. i think for a second, turning and i turn off the light she was using, her frowning up at me and i shrug. "come up here then," i mumble, pushing back the covers as she reluctantly climbs up the stairs, tying her hair back and she sits beside me, putting her legs under the comforter and i lean on my hand, watching how pretty she was, but i stop when she perks up.

"i haven't shown you what i got at the mall yet!" she grins, hopping down out of bed and i watch, smiling ear to ear at her excitement as she grabs the few bags she has. i tut my tongue as she scratches at her scar, immediately putting her hand down by her side, pulling out her first item, a pretty little blouse with blue flowers delicately scattered against the black back, and i hum, her smiling up at me proudly. "very pretty," i smile, leaning against the headboard of the bed.

"and i got these," she says, but she stops, grabbing the last bags and coming up to me, sitting proudly at the end of the bed, me watching her every move, my head pounding with a feeling i'm not used to.

"thought they were pretty," she says, shrugging and she pulls out a pair of earrings, small little stones, glittered with a pink dust. "and then these too," she then pulls out a pair that hangs, delicate little flowers on the ends. i move myself closer to her so i can touch them, nodding. she sets them neatly by her desk, and continues on.

"these jeans," she says, pulling out the light wash of some nice denim, and i run my hand over them, feeling their softness. "soft," i hum, and she nods, turning back to her bag, and pulling out a small top, this time a bit tighter, and it was a purple color, lighter than the first shirt for sure. "i know it's almost winter but it was on sale so," she shrugs, sighing softly as she puts all she got back into the bags, but she looks up at me slowly, tracing her eyes over the bed, and how I was laying in it, and i frown down at her, leaving room for her beside me, but she doesnt budge.