4 - New Found Power

"What were you guys called in your past lives?"

"I am Marcellus, I was an E ranked warrior who fought tooth and nail to make it to where I am today. I served the nation under the Iron fist guild."

"I am Kenji, an F ranked archer, who served the nation under the Green arrow guild."

"I am known as Farah, a D ranked mage, who served the nation under the Enchanter guild."

They said, one by one.

"Tell me more about the ranks you all mentioned."

"Our ranks are what separate us from the other heroes. We who were blessed with magical power were forced to attend a yearlong academy, which was solely about learning how to be a useful hero, and a soldier for the nation to use. Once we completed the academy, we had to take a test in order to receive our certification. This test allowed the professors at the academy to calculate our ranking and class, showing them just how capable we were. Many different guilds attended the tests, looking for a chance to strike and try to get us to join their guild. There are only five guilds recognized by the monarchy, also being the ones that serve under the direct command of the king. These are the only guilds with any real power or sway in the kingdom.. First, we have the Iron Fist guild. This guild is mostly for heroes of the Warrior class, but isn't restricted to just warriors. Second, we have the Green Arrow guild. This guild is mostly for archers. Third, we have the Enchanter guild, which is mostly designed for mages. And fourth, we have the Divine Priest guild, which is mostly for clerics. These are the four classes to which one can be and get assigned to. None of these guilds are limited to only recruiting a certain class. In fact, you can join all guilds even if you were an archer, but that mostly only applies to higher-ranked heroes. Heroes like us are forced to join our assigned guild and don't have a choice. And at last, we have the Expert guild. This guild is for extremely rare heroes, who are born with the power to wield all four classes. People of this class are called Experts, and every one of them is born with their own set of unique abilities, which we refer to as a sub-class. These heroes are usually very high ranked." 

Explained Marcellus.

"I see... so then that would mean that Farah is the strongest among you?"

"Technically speaking, yes, you would be right. Every class has a different purpose to serve in a team, but looking at rankings Farah would indeed be the strongest of us. Kenji is the weakest, of us, being an F rank, then come I, then Farah. The rankings go from F, which is the weakest to S, which is granted to only the strongest heroes. At the top of the ranks stands the Champion rank, which only a very select few heroes can hold at a time."

"That makes sense, thank you. By the way, don't you want revenge on me for killing you?" 

"No sir, we have no such intent in our hearts. We have been reborn thanks to you, and we live only to serve you, master."

I see... this is amazing! If I wanted to, I could create an army of subservient puppets who would follow my every command without question. However, there must be some sort of drawback to having this power.. 

"Alright, we're going back to the village. Follow me."

The puppets stand up and wait for my lead.

Oh, I forgot about the cleric that I let survive... I should probably get to know her as well.

"Hey, so what about you, cleric?"

"O-Oh, I'm Cora, D ranked cleric. Nice to meet you, and thank you for letting me survive."

She said, visibly shaken and still in disbelief.

"Alright, well let's go. You guys are going to have a lot of work to do around the village."