Chapter 1

I was with everyone from the start. Through the hatred and disbelief. But this...this no one saw coming. Yeah some of us got along better than others but we always stayed together. Now our home was ruined.

Fighting drew me back to the present. The ground was shaking,tanks rolling in. I didn't know who to help first. I look over and witness Rick fighting the wretched Governor. My ears pounding I snatch my gun out and run to get closer.

Trying desperately to keep and eye on my surroundings I realize I've got closer. When I'm about to shoot something tackles me , making wind soar from my lungs.
"You will pay for what your people have done!" The figure yells. I swing a punch and hope to hit something valuable.

A cry hits the air and the figure doubles over on the ground whimpering.
"My people did NOTHING to deserve this!" I hiss struggling to get to my feet again. I get up and run to higher ground for an advantage. Not the towers the towers were already up in flames.

Searching I come up on Daryl fighting the undead alone. He gets a glimpse over his shoulder at me.
"We gotta go!" He yells over the booming in my ears. I nod running off to the side through the treeline. I look back to make sure he's still following me. Stoping I look around breathing hard.
"Daryl!" I say as loud as I can.

No I was on my own, Daryl had got held back. I force myself to run back and look. But with every step my feet get heavier and heavier. The ground was starting to look like a good place to sleep. And my blurry world falls black.