Chapter 2

My breathing was shallow and my temples hurt. Walkers walked past me like I wasn't even there. Was I dead? I didn't feel dead but right now that's all I wanted.

A shadowy figure runs to my body like I was important. The figure was a little smaller than Daryl. Carl. But this wasn't Carl. It looked like him but it wasn't. My temples rage in pain.

I moan trying to keep my focus on one thing as the figure picks me up and slings me like a rag doll over their shoulder. My feeble attempt to fight back does nothing.

"Emily it's me! Stop or your going to drain your strength. Why do you have to be so stubborn?" Says a familiar deep voice. Who was it? My head hurt to much to think. Thoughts whirled all over. Where's Daryl? My eye catches a shiny thing in the back of his pocket. A hammer?

"Tyreese..." I mumble half to myself. Dozing off I go limp and let him carry me.

***

"Wake up Emily! Come on!" Tyreese shakes me from my sleep.
"Oh thank God... I thought you were dead."
"I would be if you didn't help." I mutter looking around.

We were in a old shack. Memories hit me like cold stone. I swallow down tears. I don't need to show how weak I really am. I stand up my vision blurry. I needed to find Daryl. But I couldn't go now. Tyreese wouldn't give in. So I tricked him.

"I'm going to find some better place to stay. You can come with me or I might come back and get you." I say adding the best certainty I could to my voice. He looks up and nods his face full of uncertainty.