Chapter Nine

The sand felt like petals of flowers on Nica's feet as the sun-kissed her skin. She enjoyed the short time she got outside when the Praetorian would let her that is. He talked on the phone as she wandered off into a cave. The cave wasn't empty, an older man stood waiting there, Nica walked closer until Praetorian yanked her back into his arms and practically dragged her out of the cave. "What is wrong with you?" Nica asked as she struggled in his arms until he finally let go. Praetorian got angry and slapped Nica's cheek, "Don't ever question me." Praetorian growled as he grabbed her by the wrist. "Stop, I want to make a deal." Nica was clutching her face while she sat on the floor. Praetorian crouched down to her level, "I will stay and fall in love, but only if you stop abusing me." Nica cried out with tears drowning her words. Praetorian watched her intently as he stood up himself. He put out a hand and Nica took it standing up. "Maybe we can walk the beach together?" Praetorian sighed but agreed. Nica and Praetorian were walking hand in hand as the waves of the beach crashed onto the shores. 

At dinner, it was still quiet and the two of them only stole glances. Nica kept blushing until she was absolutely flustered at the idea of Praetorian looking at her. He stood up from the table and walked over to her side with the bottle of wine. He poured for her and leans down next to her ear. "I am glad we are done fighting." Nica turns to meet his face and contemplated whether or not she wanted to kiss the red-headed man in front of her. They locked lips before she could moan into the kiss he had his arms wrapped around her figure. Nica looks into his eyes breaking the kiss, "Room?"