The past will come back to bite you

I crawled deeper into the lair to see, Randi. The farther I went into the lair, I noticed Randi was in waiting for me by a bunch of containers.

"Randi, I missed you so much!" I exclaim, happy to see my friend after such a long time. Randi ran over to me, I sat down and started to pet him. "So much has happened, I finally got my powers!! I am shapeshifter, but I can't use it since we are in hiding now. However, it's hard for me to hear the story's of my families villain days. Because I know that I will never be able to experience that."

I looked down at Randi, his eyes had almost a mischievous glint to them. I slowly started to move away from him. When Randi transformed into a human. I started to scream, when Randi covered my mouth and prevented me from screaming.

"Now, I am going to remove my hand kid. You will not make single sound or else there will be consequences." Randi said, while looking at me with a grin on his face. I nodded my understanding and he removed his hand.

"Who are you?" I asked, confused.

"I am terror" I looked at him afraid.

"Why are you here?" I ask, nervous.Terror laughed darkly at my question.

"You and I are similar, both of our families see us as the runt of the family. However, I used that to my advantage and became their worst nightmare. They now respect me and fear me, even heroes turn their backs. When I am committing crimes, because I am their worst nightmare." He explains. I look at with glee and disbelief. "But a couple years ago, some mad scientist transformed me into a rat. I found your lair, and bonded with you but recently I discovered something."

"What did you discover?" I asked, intrigued.

"My powers have become connected to you." He revealed. "Once you got your powers, my powers fully connected you and me."

"What does that mean?" I ask, intrigued.

"It means you and I can cause some chaos, but for that to happen I must do something first." He answers. He grabs me and we disappear from the lair. Wait where is he taking me?