no way back (prologue)

: ̗̀➛ A tall stack of files was slammed on the desk in front of Reki. He looked up, his partner in a disgruntled and tired state. He felt badly for the male, yet his mood was brightened by the star of sunshine coming through his door. 

That was a joke. Langa was just as tired. 

"Training's a bitch." 

"Work's a bitch." 

"I can be your bitch." 

They both looked at Reki with the "I'm not in the mood"  face. Reki then began to ponder about having an additional robot boyfriend that was always in the mood.

The blue-haired athlete promptly sat down on his lap and knocked him out of whatever daydream he was previously in.

This is definitely better than my make believe boyfriend.

As the colourful-haired adults conversed among themselves, m/n leaned back on the front desk. His palms grabbing the wood so hard his knuckles were turning white.

By the time the shot was fired you could hear the sounds of sirens.

Unfortunately, the sounds got quieter and quieter as you held your bleeding chest from the wound you got by protecting your friend.

The small jingle off the bell atop the door smacked you out of your memory.
I have too much work to worry about the past.

At least that's what you told yourself.

"Miya!" Reki exclaimed. The trio turned their eyes to the university student. "Long time no see!"

Langa was immidiatly thrown off of his boyfriend's lap and Reki was squeezing the living daylight out of the grenette. 

"I'm just here for my s-shift." He muttered, suffocating in the older's hug. In truth, they were all glad to see eachother, miya included. He just expressed it a little differently than most.

"How's school going?" The blue haired male asked as he raised himself from the wooden floor. Reki himself painted it when he bought the shop into an... Odd pattern. Let's just say it suited him.

"Alright." Miya replaced his flamboyant hat with the name pin attached to his shirt. (He hated wearing that pin, as according to him, was a disgrace to fashion). "How's work- oh wait. You don't work."

"You little shit."

Admist the banter, m/n took his chance to slip away to finish the work that he actually had to do. By the end of the day I might add.

"M/n?" As soon as his name was uttered from Reki's mouth he groaned. The response made him shut up entirely.

"Yes?" M/n said, his tone of voice obviously annoyed. "Is there something you need?"

"Take a break, please."

The air in the room stilled, a thickness which made it harder to breath, talk, even think. More than anything, it annoyed him.

"I don't need a break, I need to finish this."

"Which side of you are you talking about? Are you talking about the man I love or the overachieving lawyer?"

Truthfully, not even Reki knew what he was saying. Or, more precisely, why he was saying it. He loved m/n, he would go to the ends of the Earth for him. But he knew if this kept up, there would be no more m/n left to love.

"Get out."