053. Sign up for the Army Today!

Chapter Fifty-Three

(Frankie)

Sign up for the army today!

The weathered woody sign that hung from a half-broken bracket depicted the bloody head of a decapitated boar in a very graphic manner. Frankie stood in front of the door with Draco and Blaise, since Pansy had a meeting for her club, and Theo refused to come, staring up at the sign with indifference. 

"This is where we'll meet Frankie's boyfriend and his boyband?" Blaise asked, sneering at the pub, "How quaint,"

"Keep it to yourself, Blaise," Draco said, tapping his boot against the wood of the door's archway, "We're being upstanding individuals today,"

Frankie shook her head, shoving her hands into her leather jacket as she followed Draco inside. Frankie's frown deepened as she entered the bar, with the clear smell of horse manure and a lineup of dust at the corners of the room as though it had been half-heartedly cleaned up. She knew her mother would faint at the sight of the bar, with even Frankie agreeing that the pub was a disgrace to all European pubs. 

Looking around the room, she noticed the Ollivander twins sitting in the corner with a few other Slytherins from other years and the girl trio - Daphne, Tracey and Millicent, sitting at a table near the front. Draco and Blaise approached the trio as Frankie stood alone by the door. 

"I hate this," 

Frankie turned towards Harry, raising an eyebrow at the boy. 

"You're not going up and presenting a debate with an intro, body and points against the other team," Frankie told him dryly, but her eyes betrayed a sense of pity, "You'll be fine,"

"Where's the rest of your friends?" Harry asked, trying to keep his mind off everything, "Did the rotten smell scare Pansy off?"

"If Pansy came, she would've fainted and then immediately died once her hair touched the floor," Frankie chuckled, raising her boot off the sticky floor to show off the goo that stuck to her foot, "And Theo...well, Theo is Theo,"

"He thinks it's all dumb?"

"He thinks Umbridge is dangerous," Frankie corrected him, "He's wary,"

"Er," Hermione spoke up, sending Frankie towards her friends, "Well — er — hi."

Frankie sat beside Daphne, placing her arm on the table before quickly removing it once she felt the stickiness hit her jacket.