Chapter 251 - 255

Chapter 251: She called him again and still no answer. (2)

Looking at the girl who was talking nonstop in front of him, Gu Shao's look became more and more serious and stern.

Gu Shao did not believe in metaphysical things like dreams, premonitions, or story arc... he did, however, believe that Gu Xi would not lie.

As such, if she said that she had dreamt of them, she had dreamt of them.

As for the reasons behind it, Gu Shao leaned toward the fact that she had been traumatized by her experiences at the Lin family and her impressions of Lin Yize and Song Kexin. That was the reasons behind those dreams.

Gu Shao did not let Gu Xi know that he had already been onto the Lin family since his investigation into Gu Yaobai and had had his men watching Lin Yize closely.

Looking at the fear on Gu Xi, Gu Shao reassured her. "I'll look into the Lin family and will watch out for Lin Yize. You have nothing to worry about."

"MmmMmm." Gu Xi nodded. "You need to have more than one man keeping an eye out on him."

"Alright."

Gu Shao nodded seriously and he waited until Gu Xi had seemingly calmed down before he started talking about.

"Now, tell me one thing." Looking at Gu Xi, he tried to sound as calm as possible, "Back at the Lin's or, should I say, had Lin Yize ever hurt you before?"

Gu Xi's alarm and resentment toward the Lin family was simply too strong. She shouldn't have such strong emotions and guards up if she was merely neglected back there.

It was very difficult for Gu Shao to ask this question.

But, as a father, it was difficult for him to not think about the possibility of it.

Gu Shao tightened his fist. He wasn't sure what he would do when he heard Gu Xi's answer the next second.

"No......" Gu Xi shook her head. She didn't look like she was hiding anything.

"They simply didn't like me. And the other things that Dad you already know about......"

As for Lin Yize, his attitude toward her was simply like he was looking at something hedious – when Gu Xi was younger, she didn't understand any of these. She just wanted to be held and patted on her head by her father the way that Lin Yize did to Lin Anxin. Nevertheless, each time she got close to Lin Yize, he would wave her away with a disgusted look.

When Gu Xi was young, she had no idea what the expression meant. When she was older, she slowly learned that Lin Yize did not like her and she no longer tried to get close to him.

Occasionally, when Lin Yize saw her at the Lin's, he no longer avoided her or had her go somewhere else. Contrarily, he would look at her up and down with a meaningful look.

Recalling the look on Lin Yize, Gu Xi still didn't know what that represented but she could still feel a chill down her spine that made her shudder.

"Hmm, it's really no big deal. I don't like them either anyway." Gu Xi looked up and raised her head proudly as she spoke.

"Well, just be careful of him. And that Gu Yaobai. He's no nice person either." That was the main point, so Gu Xi stressed that again.

By the time she was done stressing that, she waited for Gu Shao to nod before she said goodnight to him and returned to her own room.

From behind her, Gu Shao watched as Gu Xi returned to her own room. A few seconds later, he rubbed between his brows and sighed to himself. He couldn't tell whether Gu Xi had a very strong instinct or that she had overheard his conversation at some point.