Nick's POV

[WARNING: This update contains mention of eating disorder and non consensual kissing.]

Not long ago, a restaurant opened in town. It's said to be really nice. I've looked at their menu and stuff and I've got to say, for the type of food they serve, the prices are quite good. Tao and Elle went the other week and they said it's gong to be their go-to restaurant and I'd like the same for me and Charlie.
As we're driving he's gripping onto my knee. I've gotten used to him holding my knee as we drive, he thinks it's strange that he automatically does it but I think it's romantic, since we can't hold hand.

We pull up to the car pack and it's packed. For a Tuesday I'd think it to be a little quieter but...I'm determined to get us into this restaurant.
We spent ten minutes trying to find a space and we eventually do on the other side of the car pack.
"Nick, is this..."
"Yep! I've wanted to take you here for ages and try it out. Is that okay with you? Are you going to be okay?"
"Come on, i'm starving"

Charlie had an eating disorder years ago. He's a completely different person now. I know he sometimes struggles, especially in public spaces, but he pushes through it on his own and I'm proud of him for it.  As we are walking, we of course hold hands and enter the restaurant. It's a lot more posh then I expected. Classic music, chandeliers, tables are like the ones you see in movies with candles lit and white sheets. I think this was a good choice.
"Hello, is it a table for two?" A young woman says. She's wearing a gorgeous dress. Teal. With a black belt. She reminds me of someone. I can't quite put my finger on it though
"Yes please" I say trying to observe every little detail about this restaurant.
As we sit down, Charlie is beaming with excitement. He's already searching the menu for what to order but I'm still trying to remember this night as it is. The restaurant is beautiful, and I can see why Tao and Elle had a great time.
Looking at the other tables, most of them are filled with couples, the occasional family but mainly couples. It's not long before I notice who's sat exactly three tables away from me and Charlie.
Ben. Ben Hope. With a girl opposite him. He hasn't changed. Same long scruffy ombré hair. Only difference is he's got a moustache that doesn't suit him.
This is the guy who Charlie secretly met before Charlie found out he had a girlfriend, and didn't actually want anything more than a secret kiss. The same guy who kissed Charlie without his consent. I don't know what to do now. I've brought Charlie to a restaurant where someone we hoped we'd never see is sat not far from us. I'm beginning to question if this was a good idea. He might not recognise us though, it has been years since we saw each other. Charlie is looking at me now, he notices I'm worried about something, I think I've fucked up what was supposed to be a wonderful evening.