The Skateboard

Y/n's POV:
We all walked out of the school building, Dustin and Mike were chatting to each other excitedly, I walked by myself when I heard Jeff come up behind me and say "Hey Y/n you were amazing tonight!" "Thank you Jeff-" I cut myself off whilst looking at Jeff, he was looking behind him and mouthed the words "okay" He then slowed his pace down for Gareth to take his place. Oh no I could feel butterflies in my stomach, how am I going to say a word without messing it all up? I thought to myself.

" Y/n you were great!" He said "thanks, you were a- amazing!" I said, I definitely blew it, I sound like a nervous wreck. We walked for a little while in complete silence until Gareth broke it saying "you skate?" While pointing at my skateboard. "Yeah! Do you?" "No.. but I've always wanted to learn how to." "I can teach you.." "now?" He asked, I suddenly regretted saying that "yeah? If that's okay with you." I said "sure, why not." He said.

I put my skateboard on the ground and showed him how to balance and all that stuff. Once I finished talking it was his turn to try it out, he put his left foot on the skateboard and pushed off, he was actually really good, I started running next to him but then the skateboard hit a rock and he started to loose balance, so I did the unthinkable and held his hand for support.

Gareth's POV:
My whole face turned red, Y/n was holding my hand and all I could do was pretend I didn't notice. Once we reached my house I slowed the skateboard down and stepped off the skateboard and let go of Y/n's hand "this is my house." I said "oh okay, I'll see you tomorrow at school then." Y/n said, they then rode off on their skateboard. I opened the front door to my sister, Lily in the living room watching TV with our grandparents sitting next to her. "Where's mum and dad?" I asked her "They're once again on a date." She said in an annoyed tone of voice. I wasn't surprised, my mum and dad are really nice people but they usually don't want anything to do with us, so they make up excuses to go out and leave us with our grandparents. I sighed and then walked up the stairs into my room.

I read comic books for an hour, trying to entertain myself because I didn't want to go down stairs and hang out with my sister and grandparents because that's just the saddest thing ever. I got bored of reading comics so I put my Walkman on over my ears and started to listen to Metallica and then slowly over time I fell asleep.

Y/n's POV:
Once I got home I saw Dustin sitting on the couch watching TV, "How did you get home so fast?" I asked, he just stared at me with an annoyed look, I then remember earlier today Mrs. Wheeler dropping him off, so she probably drove him home again. "Ohhh" I said "Yeah, ohhh." He said imitating me. I rolled my eyes and walked into my room and did my math homework because I was so bored. Once I finished, I decided to be a responsible sibling and make Dustin and I dinner.

I looked through the fridge and grabbed out a packet of frozen hotdogs and some left over mash. I heated up the mash in the microwave and put the hotdogs on a frying pan on the stove. After about a minute the mash was done and another 15 minutes past and the Hotdogs were ready. I put a hot dog and some mash on both of our plates and then put them down on the dining table, "dinners ready!" I called out "dinner? I don't know you could cook." "Haha very funny." I said, annoyed.

Once I finished eating my dinner, I went back into my room and laid down on my bed reading a book, I started to get tired so I put my book away, went under the covers and switched my lamp off.