Chapter Two

"you'll never be as good as your sister"

"Why don't you just die"

" Rot in hell sister"

" You're not our child"

" I never loved you,I always loved your sister"

These words haunted me as I turned on my bed,I tried opening my eyes but I couldn't,tears were streaming down my face,I was scared until I heard a voice"it's okay,you're safe,don't worry" those words seemed to comfort me. I opened my eyes and realized that it was only a dark,scary nightmare.

"What are you doing here?" I looked up to see the same black hair and onyx eyes that had saved me the other day.

I sat up meeting his gaze as he looked at me with concern."Are you okay?" his voice was filled with concern.
"I'm sorry for worrying you"I looked at him his onyx eyes meeting with my dark blue ones."I'm Riell" I looked at him waiting for him to reply. "Ezra"he looked at me.

"Riell" he looked at me as if he wanted to ask me questions."You can ask whatever question in your mind,I'll answer it." I looked at him indifferently."Why would you attempt ending yourself,are you tired of living"

"I don't have anything to live for"
He looked at me" how don't you have something to live for"

"My life has gone wrong."

"When and where did it go wrong"

"It started twenty years ago."

" Let me tell you how I lost my mind"I looked at him.

*****Twenty years ago*****
" Mom,I'm hungry"I ran around trying to find my mother after I came back from school."Mom,mom,where are you?" I became worried as I didn't hear any reply.

"Your mother's gone"a cold voice sent shivers down my spine." Gone,where,
why did she go"I turned to the voice's direction,I saw my father looking at me coldly. "What did you do to her?"five year old me asked holding back the tears.

"Nothing,she ran away saying that she hated you,she wanted to start a new life." A wicked smile crept up his voice."Liar!!"I growled,that was a lie how did I know?,my parents were never close, I might be young but I'm not stupid.

My parents marriage was based on money and wealth,my mother was the daughter of the richest business  tycoon,she had a lot of billions attached under her name,my father married her,my mother loved my dad but what did he do in return, countless series of her getting beaten,he never loved her,I could bet on my life with that.

I couldn't do anything as I was too young to do anything,my mother would come back to the room with bruises,her shoulder length black hair would be wet with sweat and her blue eyes held back tears.

"Bring my mother back" I took the words slowly walking away.

I went back to my room and cried my eyes out,my mother was the only person in my life, without her, what would I do.

Things only became worse when my father brought another woman to the house,she had two children already,the children hated me and bullied me.

"Amy, Tyler." I stood as my step mother brought out plates of food and called her children to eat,my eyes were filled with tears but I held them back,I had promised myself that I would never cry in front of these monsters.

I turned and walked around as the pain in my stomach got worse due to me not eaten anything for two days now.

I thought things couldn't get worse but it did. When I turned thirteen, my father removed all the things I was to inherit and gave it to my step siblings.

*************
"Bye" I closed the door to the house walking to my room and locking myself in it,earlier on they had plan to go out to have fun and I wasn't part of their plans so I had to remain in the house.

By fifteen years, I was placed on tutoring lessons after all my father didn't want me to leave the mansion,he didn't want to have his rejected daughter walk the streets bearing his name.

"God,why do these things happen to me, where's mother"Tears rolled down my face as I cried myself to sleep.