The Best in Greenshaw

A beautiful sunshine rise through the coridors of Greenshaw Highschool, where one Eldric first visits the school as a freshman. He dreamt to be the best volleyball player in highschool, and one day he can return his signed ball by Yui Ishida himself. That's his ultimate goal in the end. He immediately searches the volleyball club registration.

Bianca just finished her work and prepared to go to the volleyball club stand for accepting newbies to the club. It is the first day of school afterall. She comes from a volleyball minded family, her mother, her father, and her older brother were all volleyball players. She knows a thing or two. As she walks through the corridor, she saw something weird.

There's a kid, with blonde spiked hair, ran through and yelled at himself, "i'm going to be the best here!"

She was confused and then again, wasn't expecting him to be the first in line in the registrations. She thought to herself, "he will not be my friend."

"Wow! You're beautiful! Are you a volleyball player too?"
"No."
"I would like to join please!"
Young Eldric raises his hand and Bianca just knew at that point,

that this kid will just be a pain.

Although what it seemed to be like that, Eldric has shown promise. He immediately impressed the coach and team leader. And actually he tried to impress Bianca every time they met. Still, Eldric needs to improve his game.

One evening at practice, almost two months after joining the club, "Damn, I should practice more to get the serves right in! Owkay!" What Eldric didn't realize is that Bianca was on the other side of the net. Without looking, the ball hit right through her head. Causing her to be in pain. Quite literally.

"Hey! Watch it! Idiot!" Screamed Bianca with low hospitality. "Ahhh Bianca, i'm sorry! Are you alright?"
"It hurts!"
"Okay, uhh, should i take you to the infirmary? Anything i could do?"
"No need. Just stay away from me for now on okay? You make me feel miserable!"

After that event, their relationship crumbled. Before that, in each practice, Eldric would always hit on Bianca. Simple catchphrases that would make any other girl flattered. Just not this one.

Soon after that, they began to have less interaction with each other. As they play on junior camp in the winter, Greenshaw High are facing tough opponents. Eldric tried his best, but his team had a total record of 6 of 16 sets wins. Not really good, considering what they want is to win in their division.

As winter goes by, Eldric and the team kept training, harder and harder. They learned about synchronous attack, and Eldric are pushing his serve to be as hard as possible. Even Bianca's older brother every once in a while came to see their practice.

"Hey, Blake! Can i get Ishida's jersey?!"
"Hahahaha, you're not there yet Eld. Keep pushing hard, so that you can ask to him yourself."

Eldric always happy when Blake, Bianca's brother, visits the team. He always sought advice to Blake, to improve his game and the team morale.

As the new year starts to roll on, Greenshaw makes a case in the division playoffs. They even get to the semifinals, where they were beaten. They got the rank as the top 4 in their division.

Something to be proud of.

Eldric is the rising star. His average of 10 points per set is enough to create attention in the volleyball academies. He just remained as humble as possible.

After the playoffs, Eldric kept training in the gym. He saw Bianca sitting there, just enamored with her writings.
"Hey, what's that?" Eldric asked with a volley ball in his right hand.
"Nothing, just, let's call it a diary."
"I see, how about-"
"Before you asked me out, no, and after that, it's because i have no time."
"Hahahahaha, you truly are the best Bee."

Apparently, what Eldric displayed in the competition, got heard in Jingga city, their nation's capital. At Jingga, there are multiple sports academy that fluorished many athlete. That includes famous spiker, Yui Ishida.

Eldric kept it a secret from the others, but he doesn't seem reluctant to tell it to the manager. About the tryouts.