Who made me a princess? Chapter 18

The ballroom was all decorated and cleaned making everything looked shiny and marvelous with not a speck of dust anywhere.

The maids had outdone themselves but not only them but the cooks themselves did a wonderful job, all the sweets such as macaroons, cookies, cakes, pudding, tea, and many more for the guests to enjoy is a sight for mostly anyone with a sweet tooth. (Any of my readers have a sweet tooth, what is your favorite sweet? )

Claude and Athanasia are both walking in the hallway getting ready to enter the ballroom to greet the guests.

Many of the guests are already talking among each other with some having wine in their hand waiting for the grand entrance, dressed in formal beautiful dresses and elegant suits.

Closer and closer Athanasia and Claude are getting near the doors.

Some of the guests looked as if they were anxious at times.

Finally Athanasia and Claude are now standing in the entrance waiting for them to be announced,  Athanasia holding her father's hand.

''Make way for his majesty, emperor Claude De Alger Obelia! And her highness, princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia!''

Athanasia flinches as she walks in with her father beside her, many gazes turned to look at her curious to see the somewhat secret love child, his highness had behind the palace walls.

The ballroom lights seemed almost blinding.

'Gah.'  Athanasia gasps hesitating almost moving forward.

Claude notices his daughter almost immediately.

''What's the matter?'' he questions her.

The ballroom was quiet, making Athanasia more nervous, she imagined making one wrong move would make her feel judged, as of not worthy of her title. 

'I, I'm scared...' She thought to herself.

Athanasia unknowingly gets closer to her dad's side, almost sticking right close to him.

Claude looks down at her before breathing in slowly, as he raises his head looking down at the crowd menacingly, giving them chills.

As if knowing by just one look from him, everyone begin to place their right hand towards their left side of their chest and begin to bow down without looking up.

Terrified is what they were feeling.

'H,huh?' Athanasia stared back at them in shock.

''I can make them keep their heads down like that until the ceremony is over, if you want.'' Claude answered back to Athanasia not looking at her startled expression. He was keeping an eye out trying to make sure if anybody so much as looks up for a second.

''N,no.'' Athanasia says back feeling more nervous.

''That wouldn't be fair,'' Claude looked at Athanasia questionably. ''I mean, what would mommy think when she walks in. S,she would be terrified.'' she tries to convincing him.

''Hmm, I suppose I wouldn't want that.'' Claude answers almost immediately thinking what would your reaction be upon entering.

''It's okay, daddy. Because I'll have you by my side.'' 

The crowd now standing were able to look up without a worry, they continue to watch both come down the stairs.

''I didn't take you for the type to get nervous about such trivial things.''