Who made me a princess? Chapter 4

(Athanasia's POV)

Let's see... How did that novel go?

''Lovely Princess'' is a romance fantasy novel that was a big hit online.

Like the title, there are lovely princesses in the book. Among the two princesses of the Obelian Empire, the protagonist is - the second princess Jennette.

The princess is a beautiful lady with an angelic heart, and she is beloved not only by her nation, but by the whole continent. And among those who adore Jennette, was her father emperor Claude.

To his people, he is praised as a hero and a savior of the nation. But in truth he is a heartless man who killed his elder brother, the proper heir, and sat himself upon the throne.

Jennette was the kind of person who could melt the heart of even a cold-blooded man like him.

Claude only learned of Jennette's existence when she turned 14. Jennette's mother was Claude's fiancee. Before he met (y/n). After enraging him and losing her place as his bride-to-be, she died while giving birth to Jennette.

Jennette's aunt tried to protect her niece from Claude...by hiding her away in the care of the Alpheus  family. After realizing her existence, Claude was cold towards Jennette at first. However, princess Jennette, being an unbelievably lovable person due to being the protagonist, eventually melted the cold icy fort that was Claude.

Supported by her father, the king, she was wed to prince Alpheus, the best man in the empire fit to be a husband, and lived happily ever after...

'So cheesy' I thought to myself, pouting. 'Those bastards!!'

On the other hand, what about the treatment of the first princess...?!

Athanasia was the first born princess and the same age as Jennette.

Athanasia's existence was informed to Claude the moment she was born. But, he leaves the child in the palace for concubines and also her mother secretly taking care of her. Thanks to that, Athanasia grows up to be a fragile princess, always on edge.

The first time she ever sees her father is on her ninth birthday. Led by the lights and the noise of the banquet, Athanasia leaves the Ruby Palace late in the night. Where she meets Claude in the garden of the emperor's palace.

Of course, Claude turns away and leaves, uninterested. But to a girl like Athanasia who's never received any affection,(besides her mother, meaning you) this was quite a fateful encounter. She tries with all her might to be loved by her father... thus growing up into a beauty with both skill and grace.

And on the day of Athanasia's debutante when she turned 14, her dream gets shattered into pieces.

Athanasia, with her gloomy and foggy disposition, and Jennette, bright and cheery as the sun. Perhaps it was inevitable that everyone loved Jennette more than Athanasia.

Instead of being jealous of Jennette, she teaches her the ways of the palace.

'Ah, you dummy you should've looked out for yourself!'

But Athanasia, she loses the very thing she ever wanted to Jennette, her father's love. Well, I suppose you can't lose what you never had. On top of everything, this poor princess gets killed by her own father. Accused of putting poison in Jennette's glass.

She was framed, of course. Jennette's aunt was behind it all. An elaborate scheme to make her niece the first heir to the throne. Which was unnecessary since Claude didn't give Athanasia a single thought for the seat in the first place. 

On the contrary, if she knew it was poisoned she would have gladly drunk that glass herself to save Jennette. Because if something bad had happened to Jennette, it would have gravely saddened Claude.

As you can see, Athanasia was a poor, foolish princess.

Jennette's aunt must have simply intended to remove her from the throne, or to have her confined...

BUT CLAUDE CANNOT BE UNDERESTIMATED.

He killed Athanasia even before she was found guilty. It was her 18th birthday, exactly 9 years after the day she met him for the first time in the garden.

Eventually the truth was revealed, but Claude never felt an ounce of guilt or regret on killing his first daughter. Jennette suffers from guilt...until she is comforted in her fiance's arms and puts the ordeal behind her.

And the story ends with a ''Happily Ever After''.

'Pisses me off again just thinking about it' ( Me too girl, me too.(┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻)

I just don't get why Athanasia has to die such a meaningless death.

Well it's not like I really liked Athanasia, but... she's better than Claude and Jennette, though, I could care less what happens to other people in this world as long as I'm happy...

But I just can't stand by and watch. Why you ask?

BECAUSE IT SEEMS I'VE BECOME THAT VERY ATHANASIA, THAT'S WHY!

''WAAAAAAAAAA~!''

''P..princess what's wrong?!'' Lily exclaimed.

(Baby Athanasia is so cute in this scene.)

''Maybe you feel hungry?'' she asked.

...Lilian York.

The only person from the book ''Lovely Princess'' who claimed Athanasia was innocent with (y/n) obviously. And for that, both (y/n) and Lilian get killed by the hands of Claude.

Despite being aware of the Ruby Palace incident, she still volunteers to become Athanasia's nanny. The reason was, Athanasia's mother. She always admired how (y/n)'s spirit was as free as a bird. But she supposedly died right after giving birth... and Claude shockingly massacres everyone in the Ruby Palace.

''Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!'' I cried out more.

Claude you dirtbag!!

''D, don't cry princess''Lilian said, trying to calm me down.

I'm pretty sure I ended up in that wreck of a world inside the book. That means I'll die! And both Lilian and mother will die defending Athanasia!

''It's okay princess, I'm right here. And your mommy will come back soon I hear''Lillian said patting my back.

Call me Jennette. I don't want to be Athanasia!

I was right! I should leave this damn palace! Time, make haste!

3/28/20