Chapter 10

Fireworks, that's how the battle between Upper Moon 6 and the Sound Hashira looked like. Like a bunch of fireworks being released. Except here, sickles and Dual-Blades clash against one another, creating sparks in the dark hour of the night.

(M/n) and Rengoku were watching from the rooftops, too far to hear anything said down on the battlefield. Though what they could make out was that the Pillar lost his left hand, fighting whilst carrying one blade in between his teeth, whereas the other was held by his still-impact hand.

(M/n): "Fate has been decided. Watching this battle erupt, made it clear who's gonna win and who's going to meet death himself. Can you tell?"

Rengoku stared at the battle before him in awe. The way they all moved and clashed against each other was astonishing for him.

(Rengoku): "The Slayers are going to win, right?"

His fire lighted hair flickered and shined bright in the dark, one being able to see it from miles away. He still had that enthusiastic smile on his face, something (M/n) doesn't know how to do.

(M/n): "Bingo~. The Slayer with the checkered Haori, Tanjiro, is the main problem. He has adapted to Gyoutaro's way of fighting, being able to detect his movements in a short amount of time"

The Boar and Yellow head were both dashing at Daki, her unleashing her flower-patterned sashes, extending them to extreme lengths and sending them after the two slayers. They successfully dodge every single one, getting closer and closer to her body.

(M/n): "And those two as well. Being able to dodge something as fast as Daki's obi sashes, only means that those two are special. Which also means that they'll be trouble in the future."

Zenitsu got to the main body of Daki, aiming his sword at her neck. As he hit, Daki turned her neck into and extendable and extremely-hard-to-cut sash, stretching it as he strikes. Though her head was sliced off with the help of the boar head, cutting the sash in two different directions.

Whilst her head went rolling, she shouted at her brother to come save her. To save her from dying. Though he couldn't. Whilst she was throwing a tantrum, his head was sliced off as well.

Though the slayers looked like they wouldn't make it. Tengen lost his hand and was filled to the brim with poison, Tanjiro overdid it and is most likely going to die from exhaustion, Zenitsu was crushed by rubble, broken bones everywhere, and Inosuke, the Boar Head, had his heart stabbed with multiple inflicted wounds.

(M/n): "Mmh, maybe fate decided to give both beings a trip to the afterlife..."

(M/n) decided to head on over to the battlefield, being followed by his flame-headed companion. As they both arrived, dust was riled up everywhere. They walked over to the demon-siblings, their argument stopping once they see their fellow Upper Moon walk towards them.

(Daki): "(M/n)-kun! Y-You'll help us, right? You'll place our heads back onto our bodies and then we can kill them...right?"

(M/n): "Sadly, I cannot do so. Your bodies are already crumbling into thin air. Accept fate."

Tears started running down both demon's eyes.

(Daki): "BUT I DONT WANT TO DIE!!"

She whined and cried, Gyoutaro crying in silence as his head slowly withered away. (M/n) said something to them, but they couldn't make out what it was. "Ꮍ⋆ʉ ᏜℛƏ Ꮬ ᗬᎥᏕℊℛᏜᏟƏ ʈ⋆ ʈዞƏ mᏜᏕʈƏℛ." All they could hear was muffled words as they turned to dust, (M/n) catching the syringe thrown at Gyoutaro's body.

He stared at the handiwork that the slayer somehow managed to find. He broke it and let the crumbled device hit the floor, looking back at the Burgundy Haired Boy.

(M/n): "You're going to be a problem in the future. Better tell my comrades to kill you off as soon as possible."

And that was the last time they saw him in the District. Tengen, who had his three wives crying by his side, couldn't actually believe what has happened. He was so deep in thought, he never noticed the Serpent Hashira approaching him.

(Obanai): "Well done, I'm impressed."

(Tengen): "We don't need compliments from the likes of you..."

His wives started complaining about the Pillar's late attendance, only to jump onto Tengen as his Snake hissed.

(Obanai): "What're you going to do about losing you hand and eye in a fight with a mere Upper 6! How long will it take you to recover? Who will take your place in the meantime?"

(Tengen): "My plan now is to retire. There's no way I can fight anymore. I believe the Master will allow it."

(Obanai): "Don't be ridiculous! I won't allow it! Trainees these days don't last long enough to become strong. The Hashira already have a vacancy ever since we lost Rengoku to the hands of a demon. We need someone of your caliber — even wounded. So you'll fight until you die."

(Tengen): "You're wrong. Someone has grown strong enough..."

Tengen took a small pause from his sentence, Obanai's patience slipping away by the minute.

(Tengen): "...the trainee that you hate so much!"

(Obanai): "Huh...? No way! He survived this fight? TANJIRO KAMADO IS STILL ALIVE?!

———

Resting in an old shack somewhere deep in the woods, Upper Moon 0 and his Fire-Headed companion sat in silence. Well, that was until a strum of the Biwa was heard.

As (M/n) disappeared, Rengoku looked around in a hurry. He wasn't used to this, this was the first time he has called a meeting ever since the ex-pillar was turned into a demon.

———

In the infinity fortress, there they stood. The Upper Moons. (M/n) just transferred and looked around. Everyone was here. Well, except the ones that met their fate.

(A/n: Sorry that I don't update frequently. Got some stuff to do. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this chapter!)