♦️'At liberty' and Origin

"Ra? Why is Seth the only one among us with red hair?" A young Nephthys asked. Ra looked down at her with a bemused smile, the young goddess would be unable to understand her words... Still, that would be on her and Ra could just say she wouldn't repeat herself in the future~!

"Well let me tell you something interesting first~ Black is a colour that can not and could never change itself to any other because it already is the one thing any other colour would end up as. Colours like blue, green, blond or red would end up as black."

"And..? What does that have to do with Seth's hair?"

She chuckled "Well, our dear little Seth must've been a special one before~ A god isn't just born Nephtyhs. Their souls are some of the brightest -or darkest if I were to think of your other brother - things in this world. Do you know why your mother isn't as close to Seth as she is to the rest of you..?".

"Mom? No.. Why..?", Ra's eyes got bigger, like watching a firework.

"Out of you four, only Seth's soul had marks of divinity on it. With that I mean to say that, whatever he previously might have been, had attracted the attention of another god or goddess, who meant to protect his soul after he died by 'marking' it with small traces of themselves.. That is the reason why he is different from you.. and your mother can't accept him. She believes that Seth isn't quite HER child as he is not solely hers and your fathers."
"So brother's hair is red because he's actually not our sibling??"

Ra exploded in hollering laughter, she almost fell on her back. "No no no! He is still your brother~." She wiped a tear away still grinning like a Cheshire cat, Nephthys on the other hand looked like she was crying. This might as well be a talk of how your favorite sibling is not actually a part of the family or something.. Ra was tapping her chin in thought, ignoring her.

"He was most likely a human or better said a warrior with such a hair colour, it could be his natural colour..or from..Well, you hear other things of how to dye your hair such a colour.. Anyway I think it is very likely that another god of war took a liking to him and wanted to see his favorite human child in his next life so he interfered a bit in his passing to the afterlife." she shrugged.

Closing one eye and holding her chin she looked into the far distance, "I do wonder who it was.. Well, we live a long life, there's no need to stress over it~!".

Many thousand years later

Sitting in her throne inside the hall, Ra looked at her children who were throwing their hands up and around. She yawned moving to lean her head against her hand, 'Fate seems to have decided to separate us for now, my dear little Seth. I do wonder what will happen to you from now on'.

While still punished, or on probation, Seth had left Egypt. The matter only having popped up when Horus voiced the issue to his mother, who after consulting her own mother and Thoth who said that they also couldn't find him.

'At most they seem displeased that he's not wandering around here anymore like a beggar', she cast her glance to Horus, but someone else spoke to her.

It was Maat, who stood before her.
She grinned still in the same position and mood, "Maat~. Is there something you wish to ask me my dear?".

She nodded, "... Do you have any idea where Seth is, or if his disappearance will affect his trial?". Ra purposely took a deep breath in before releasing it, Maat had to patiently wait for her reply.

Ra shook her head twice, "No~! He will remain a demigod till he's done. Although.. Maat. Care to join me for a little talk privately later~? It's still about the trial".

Maat looked at her mother for a short while before nodding, "I will visit your Chambers before the sun sets". Ra nodded pleased, "I will see you then~".

Osiris had secretly already captured all the souls that Seth had to search for. He wanted to turn back Seth quickly - even if he'd (Seth) have to face all their pain at once - so they could be together in Duat forever!

Seth had tried to leave Egypt, the thought coming to him when he passed by a village at the sea.
'The sea.. The far ocean.. Could I get rid of the pain by leaving Egypt behind? Could I get rid of those bastards by going to where they can't see me? No matter where or as who I posed in these lands, they could still reach me..'

Then, at night he stole one of their fishing boats. Leaving at the crack of dawn before anyone noticed him or the missing boat. Besides a fishing net and an empty ceramic jug, the wodden boat was empty. But Seth didn't care, he only had his desert cloak and a bag with dried meat and fruits; more, he figured, he would not need. Like that he challenged the great ocean alone, day and night giving him troubles, but he was content with a peace of mind.

Now, Seth had finally left Egypt, he had left behind the life he had been offered and was now washed ashore on a Roan Empire's beach where some villagers found him. His 'sacred' and 'royal' red hair made them all hold their breath. The colour was almost hailed for solely being the deceased hero's and grand mage's key trait!! Seeing it like this, it's almost as if they've been honoured by the god of death! They - after giving him some more attention and patching him up - brought him to a temple. The priests and maidens could only pray in reference to their God, who, being aware of who was there, made the lit torches turn a dark fire for a moment.

The church contacted the capital and well... They got visitors.

GoD is happy to find Cale again.. but she is sad about his new life. As a god that partakes in the circle of life and death she could easily see what transpired in Cale's life (Seth is it how surprising.. Sure had heard rumors about him from the sun goddess). Although, since he's now the god of Sand and a GOD he won't be forced to leave again and since they are not opposing forces... She could keep him in her godly domain in the future! It's possible! Sand is not a living thing! Well, whatever it could've been before might have been alive, but that didn't matter.

God of death told Cage (who's barely 5 years older) and informs her that the man they found is Cale's reincarnation.
.. Raon took flight and went to find his human. Seth startled when he was suddenly surrounded by strange people. But wait he's on land, and they don't seem like Egyptians or from Greek! Hurray!

"Seth" the voice that carried divinity talked to him, he started to breathe very quickly. 'Who?!'

Cale's friends noticed and tried to calm him down, GoD talked to Seth and gave him the rundown. She also explained who he'd been previously by showing him, he calmed down now remembering the people he's with.

Cale wanted to curse so bad right now-!! 'A friggin' God, why!??!'

Cale had gotten into an accident that killed him, GoD marked him before his soul was off, his soul traveled back in time (reincarnation is like throwing snowballs ehe), he became Seth and Ennead Canon happened.

"I'm...never leaving again".
Eruhaben snorted, "I don't think the children would let you poor bastard. And? Who were you?".

".. No one important. Just someone fleeing from war and bad people."

They looked at him, 'Well kinda believable that he'd stay away from fights this time'.

Seth was just glad that his previous life's God of death agreed to help him away from Egypt, especially from Osiris.

"Maybe I should tell HER about what I've just learned about that supposed god of life.. He should be able to put up with some rumors about himself."