Chapter VI - Sober Speech

(Shujinko Dokusha = Protagonist Reader instead of Y/N L/N)

~ Shujinko's ρ.σ.ν. ~

The silence in the car was frightening. I hated it at this point in time, and I wish I could do something that's all "sunshine and rainbows" to break it. But there was nothing I could do. All of us in the car were scared. Even Volk started to whine a little.

"What's wrong?" Brian didn't take his gaze off of the road in front of us.

I sigh without letting him hear my voice.

"The silence scares me right now. I don't like it," I look over at him. "But it's going to be like this for a short time, right?"

"Let's hope it is the case, kid." Brian answers.

To lighten the mood a little, he turns on his radio and switches it to some soft classical music.

"I hope this works a little for all of us. Apparently, classical music can be very soothing for dogs." He says a bit cheerfully. "Just givin' you a fun fact."

I grin, which he blushes for and jerks his head back. Volk doggy talks to Brian a little, making him laugh a bit.

"Thanks..." I calm down a little from the music, as a track from Pytor Illyich Tchaikovsky was playing over the muffled speaker. It gave me some kind of Roaring 20s vibes or possibly 50s.

"Also, I've been meaning to talk about your home..."

"There's not much of a point in going back now, if that's what you're wondering," I told him. "If I go back there, they'll kill us. Bon knows where I live...He's been there once."

"He has?" Brian asks.

"Yeah. The night...the night we got the first emergency alert, I still had the tapes with me. You might have seen it too."

He nods, but he listens.

"I had forgotten the tapes downstairs and I made a promise to keep them safe no matter what. That was when my dog was growling at the door..." I remember the events of that night. "And when I looked through the peephole..." my hand made a popping gesture to describe Bon. "There he was, just staring, as if he knew I was there, and he was so bloody and fucked up. He looked like he was smiling at me."

"Bon..." Brian gripped the wheel.

I whimper a little.