Harry Potter

Y/N'S POV:

My first class is Defense Against the Dark Arts. My father has wanted to teach this class since he began at Hogwarts, but Dumbledore never let him. We never knew why, but he still tries his best to receive the position someday. This year, Dumbledore put Professor Umbridge in charge. I only saw her at dinner, but she wore so much pink that it made me want to throw up. I walked into class and saw there was only one seat left at the right side of the class in the very front row. I walked past Harry and Ron without really acknowledging them, but I could feel Harry looking at me. I took a seat next to Hermione. I was sitting on the outside seat next to the aisle. The students were all admiring a paper bird someone folded that was magically flying throughout the room. I look away from the bird and catch Draco's eyes. He gives me a slight smirk, and my stomach drops. I look back at the bird. I think to myself. Does Draco like me? Will he ever tell anyone what happened? Does he think of me as some kind of slut? The thought turned my stomach over itself.

All of a sudden, the paper bird went up in flames and dropped down onto a student's desk. "Good morning, children." I look behind me with the rest of the class and see Professor Umbridge standing in front of the entryway. She pulls out her wand and begins walking down the second aisle. "Ordinary Wizarding Levels Examinations." she says while using her wand to write on the board. She gets to the front of the class and continues, "O.W.L.'s. More commonly known as, Owl's. study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." Umbridge then magically moves textbooks from the front of the class on to the desks in front of each student. She then goes on to say, "Your previous instruction on this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you will be pleased to know, that from now on you will be following a carefully structured ministry approved course of defensive magic." Hermione rose her hand next to me and Umbridge called on her, "Yes, dear?" Hermione said, "There's nothing in here about using defensive spells." Umbridge replied saying, "Using spells? Ha-ha. Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Ron Weasley spoke up and asked, "We're not going to use magic?" Umbridge answered, "You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure risk-free way."

I had finally had enough of this rubbish, and I blurted out, "What use is that? If we get attacked, it won't be risk free." Umbridge then slightly raised her voice and said, "Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." Everyone was silent for a moment before Umbridge went on, "It is the view of the ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which after all, is what school is all about." Harry Potter then spoke backing up my point saying, "And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" I turn my head back and Harry looks at me. We give each other a subtle smile before Umbridge goes on to say, "There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine would attack children like yourselves?" I speak up again in a more stubborn way saying, "Oh. I don't know maybe...Lord Voldemort." Everyone started murmuring to each other as I kept my eyes locked with Umbridge in a form of rage.

HARRY'S POV:

I was highly surprised at Y/n. Not only did she say Voldemort's name, but she was backing me up. Maybe she isn't like her father. She even kind of smiled at me. Snape never smiles at anyone, let alone me. Y/n's Definitely not like any other girl at Hogwarts. I barely even know her yet, but I have a feeling that will soon change.

Y/N'S POV:

Umbridge looks around the room nervously before saying, "Now let me make this quite plain, you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie." Harry then quickly and loudly blurts out, "It's not a lie! I saw him! I fought him!" "DETENTION! Mr. Potter." I then remember the story my father told me about what happened after the end of the Triwizard Tournament last year and reading about it in the daily Prophet. I believe Potter. All the signs show that Voldemort is back. My father has begun to act very odd since what happened the previous year, and I know that he used to be a death eater. I decide to pipe back in since I think Umbridge is being unfair, "So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?"

HARRY'S POV:

Y/n believes me? Wow. I am actually quite shocked. Although, I do believe her father has something to do with Voldemort's return. So, maybe it isn't crazy that she believes me. But she clearly is not on Voldemort side from how she is presenting herself and speaking up to support what I am saying.

Y/N'S POV:

Umbridge says, "Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." Harry yelled out, "It was murder! Voldemort killed him! You must know that!" "ENOUGH!" Umbridge screamed. She quieted her voice down to almost a whisper saying, "Enough. See me later Mr. Potter and Ms. Snape. My office." she then let out a slight giggle. I looked back at Harry and notice he was already looking at me. We stare at each other and smile to where we almost laugh. As we pull ourselves together, he nods at me as a signal of saying thank you. I nod back to signal you're welcome.

DRACO'S POV:

Why is Y/n backing up Potter?! Why would she want to back up Potter? What did he ever do to deserve her help? Y/n Should have noticed by now that Potter is not the brightest, nor is he anyone's favorite out of Slytherin. Besides, I thought she was really starting to like me. I guess it doesn't matter now. If she wants to go off and just fuck Potter, then why should I care? It's not like I like her. Why should I like her? She clearly doesn't have her priorities straight if she's helping out Potter. For some reason, however, I want her even more now. I want to show her what she's missing. I want her to beg for me. I want to hear her scream my name. I want her to be mine. All mine. Only mine.