mrs sencen

Sophie yawned, not sure why she felt tired.

In fact, she had been feeling out of sorts lately -- and it seemed to be getting worse every single day. Today was a Saturday though. She would probably get the rest she needed.

It was probably the fact that she hadn't been sleeping enough lately -- the Council had assigned her the mission of familiarizing with the other species, and every day, she had to teleport to each city, and do everything as instructed.

She walked over to the kitchen where Keefe was, making breakfast for her.

"Morning, Beautiful." He said, smirking.

"Morning." She refused when he offered her coffee. She just wasn't feeling it today.

Keefe frowned, being the Empath that he was, and led her over to the couch, sitting her down. "Are you okay? I can see that you're not feeling so great."

"I'm just tired." He wrapped an arm around her. "...And nauseous."

She rushed to the bathroom, spewing her guts out. Keefe went pale, now looking really worried. "Sophie, what's up? You can tell me."

He sat down next to her, letting her lean into his chest.

"I think I ate something weird the other night." Sophie answered, not really sure herself. "Keefe, you shouldn't stay near me. I can get you sick."

He laughed, the sound laced with worry and fear. "No way I'm gonna do that."

She was about to answer when another round of nausea came through.

Keefe pulled her hair away from her face, rubbing her back as she breathed hard. "It's okay. It's okay." It seemed as if he was trying his best to convince himself. "Let's take you to Elwin."

Her imparter lit up, and she found Biana's face illuminating it.

"Hey, Biana." Keefe said, answering it for her.

"Uh, I was calling Sophie. Do you guys have to share an imparter now, too? What will happen to the girl talk?" Biana whined.

"Sophie's not feeling well." Keefe snapped. "If you obviously want her to feel worse just to have another one of your girl talks, then--"

"What are the symptoms?" Biana whispered, interrupting him.

"Tiredness, throwing up, and lots of cuddle time." Keefe answered.

"I'm coming over." Biana said quickly.

Before anyone could object, she hung up and arrived in under a minute.

"Shoo, Keefe." Biana said, kicking him out of the bathroom.

"Biana, I'm her husban--"

"I said, get out!" Biana hissed. She turned to Sophie. "Oh, you poor thing."

"You should go. I don't want you to get sick." Sophie said to her friend, but she just smiled, taking out a pack.

A pregnancy test.

Sophie gaped at it. "No, Biana, there's no way I'm--"

She stopped talking. The symptoms -- they matched. But what if she really was pregnant? Would she not like it?

No. She would love it.

She had always wanted to be a mom. But what about Keefe? What if he hated it?

"Do you know how to do it?" Biana whispered, her face beaming with excitement and anticipation.