[04]

"What's the weirdo doing?" Lucas asked and Ringo looked over at him annoyed that he was calling her friend names.

He gave her an apologetic look. "El?" Mike asked, watching her close her eyes and sit down in front of the Dungeons and Dragons board.

She picked up a piece that looked like a wizard and stated, "Will."

"Superpowers." Dustin was amazed.

Ringo focused on what Eleven was trying to display.

"Did you see him? On Mirkwood?" Mike asked, creating fear in Ringo. She placed a hand over her own chest, and Lucas looked over at Eleven in confusion. "Do you know where he is?"

Eleven wiped off all of the characters on the board besides two and flipped the board upside down. She placed "Will" on the board and looked up at the kids to make sure they understood where she was going with her display. Mike sat there still at a loss, "I don't understand."

"Hiding." Eleven said softly.

"Will is hiding?" He asked making her nod. "From the bad men?"

"No." Ringo shuddered. The bad feeling she had that night. She now realized what it was. It was Will.

"Then from who?" Eleven grabbed the other character which she had set aside and placed it on the board beside Will. Silence fell through the crowd and chills went up all of their spines.

"The Demogorgan."

—010—

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood." Mike was talking to his friends about there plan to use Eleven's powers to find their friend Will.

Eleven and Ringo were left alone with the radio, and she touched her hands softly, wondering why Eleven was so attached to the random machine. This gesture made her look up at her. "Do you.. trust them, Ringo?" She batted her tired eyes at her.

"They're my best friends." She explained. "They can act dumb and be loud, but once you get to know them, they'd do anything for you. Anything."

They began to argue and Ringo listened, tuning into the conversation. "Why do we even need weapons anyway, we have her."

"She shut one door!" Lucas began but the blonde glared at him.

"She shut one door, with her mind!" Dustin said excitedly. He continued, "Imagine all of the other cool stuff she can do." Dustin trailed off grabbing a space machine from a box. "I bet, that she could make this fly."

Dustin began to ask her to concentrate and dropped the toy on the ground. The sound of it clattering made Ringo laugh and Dustin glanced over at her, clearly frustrated. "Shut up, Ringo! Okay, one more time. Use your powers, okay?"

It fell again and Mike took it away from him, "She's not a dog."

Karen yelled at the boys and Ringo telling them it was time for school. They all scrambled, grabbing backpacks and their after school equipment. "Just stay here. Don't make any noise and don't leave. If you get hungry, eat Dustin's snacks, okay?"

"Michael!"

"Coming!" he yelled, "You know those power lines?"

"Power lines?" She asked, trying to recall the recent memory.

"Yeah, the ones behind my house." Mike said making her remember and she replied yes. "Meet us there, after school."