𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 17

Sasuke laid down on Sakura office couch, he couldn't even get 5 minutes before she was paged and off to another surgery.

Sasuke couldn't get what happened earlier out of his head, she look extremely fragile and pale.
By the way she was holding her side, he could tell she was having some sort of discomfort.

Sasuke sighed, he didn't like seeing her in that type of condition, of course pregnancy wasn't going to be a walk in the park and as a man, he could never understand, but he wanted to help her as much as possible.

Sasuke sat up as an idea pop up in his head, "Maternity leave" he said to himself if he could get her to go on maternity leave, not only will that help ease his mind when it come to her physical health, but also help keep her out of harms way.

Sasuke still had a killer walking his streets, not only that but the killer has a type and Sakura is at high risk of being a victim.

His snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of the office door opening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura couldn't even get 5 minutes of alone time with sasuke, before she was pulled into another emergency surgery. Lucky this surgery wasn't as time consuming, she was out within 2 hours. Her body was aching she felt as if she ran a marathon, she sluggishly made her way back to her office.

Once she entered her office she gently closed the door behind, leaning against the door as she exhaled.

"Are you feeling okay?"

Sakura almost jumped out of her skin,  all the color in her face drained, she clenched the collar of her shirt as she caught her breath. She completely forgot sasuke was in her office" pregnancy brain"

Sasuke was immediately at her side concerned about the pink hair beauty, "are you alright?"he asked

"Aa, I'm okay just exhausted" she said as sasuke help her over to the couch, she prop her feet up once she sat down, the feeling of relief overtook her.

"Maybe you should take maternity leave" sasuke said bluntly as he sat on the table, placing her foot in his lap to give her a foot massage.

Sakura look at him as if he had completely lost his mind " What? No!" She said as she crossed her arms over her chest

"Why not? You clearly are having a hard time balancing pregnancy and work, my income alone can take care of us." Sasuke said as he pressed his thumb into her heel

"I'm only in the first trimester that's too early for maternity, plus I don't wanna be a burden" she said as she turned her head away from him

"Sakura you're not a burden, you're pregnant with twins you need rest" he said as his thumbs work their way up her foot

"I understand that but I'm not comfortable with leaving you to make the money while I stay home all day!" She said as she turned back towards him

"You're not being a burden when your body is working overtime to make sure our kids grow healthy and strong Sakura please," he said as he look at her sincerely

Sakura's heart skipped a beat at the sight of Sasuke, he was always so rough and had a blank expression, she could tell he had nothing but the best interest for her and she was being stubborn, but still, she already had a plan to stay home for the first year of the twin's lives.

She bit into the side of her cheek, could she really take two years off of work? She enjoyed being at work even when it made her overwhelmed and exhausted.

She wouldn't deny the fact that her body became weak after two hours into surgery, and she had "morning sickness " all day truthfully speaking that alone made work difficult, maybe it was best for her and her babies to take a break.

"Sasuke, I'll officially take maternity leave once I enter my second trimester," she said as she look into his eyes hoping to get a faster response that way, as expected his facial expression went blank.

"are you going to answer me?" She asked, she watch as he work his way up her foot and to her ankle, his expression still blank and unreadable, she then called out to him once more, "Sasuke?"she said with a slight annoyance in her tone of voice.

Sasuke carefully put her foot down and sat next down next to Sakura, who was looking at him with a confused expression.

"Can you promise if anything worsens before you enter the second trimester you'll immediately take maternity leave?" He asked

Sakura nodded her head in agreement "You have my word" she said as she leaned in giving him a peck on the lips.

Sakura phone rang she reached into her pockets quickly answering the phone.

"Great....Okay.... We will be down shortly " she said as she hung up the phone "The mother woke up and she seems stable" she said as she got onto her feet adjusting her scrubs

"Okay, I'll go down and speak with my partner on how we want to proceed" he said as he opened the door allowing Sakura to leave first

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they made it down Sakura began to examine the patient, as she was looking her patient over she spotted multiple bruises some fresh some old, both of her wrist were swollen and bruised as if she's been tied up for days.

Sakura look up at the young mother making eye contact, Sakura could see the pain in the mother eyes, she gently grab the mother hand.

"You're safe here, I won't let anyone hurt you" she said as she watch the mother relax" if everything looks good with your test results I'll remove your breathing and feeding tube" she said as she gently squeeze the mother hand.

The mother blink twice letting Sakura know she understood, Sakura finished her examination and charted everything down, she walk out of the icu to see sasuke and his blonde haired partner having a conversation.

Sakura approach them, handing sasuke the chart, he grab the chart and began to scan through it.

"She was abused " she said as she crossed her arms over her chest

Sasuke handed the files to naruto who then began looking through them.

"Did she have any ID on her or cellphone by any chance?" He asked

"I believe there was a cellphone, I'll have one of the nurses double check" she said as she hand motioned one of the near by nurses over giving them clear instructions

Sasuke watched as the nurse disappeared behind the desk and began to scatter through multiple ziplock bags, once she stumbled upon his victim belongings she quickly walk back over to Sakura who then proceeded to hand over the crack iPhone to him.

He tried to get the phone to turn on but the damage was sever, he exhaled as he handed the phone over to naruto.

"Take this back to the office and see if they can get anything from it" he said as he shoves his hands into his pockets

Naruto nodded and quickly left from the hospital, sasuke look over at Sakura who was reading over another chart.

He felt a unpleasant gaze from behind, he immediately placed his hand over his pistol as he turned around scanning the area.

Sasuke walk down the hall slowly turning the corner to find no one there, he relax as he removed his hand from his pistol, assuming it was just his paranoia he turned to walk back to his soon to be wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He watched as the uchiha handed over a bag to the blonde haired detective who then proceeded to leave, he look closely as the pink haired beauty with pure lust in his eyes, oh how he longed for the moment to touch her again, the thought of her soft skin against his made his heart flutter.

He continued to watch her closely before noticing the change in the uchiha body language, his hand on his gun was more then enough to tell him it was time to go, he look over at the pink haired beauty one last time before disappearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update! I Appreciate everyone who's been supporting me this far <3 welcome to my new readers<3  I hope you all enjoy this new chapter! No telling when I'll update again but I will try to make it within a week or two <3