Minefields PT.II ✔️

3rd person POV

Night came by soon and there was no way that Taehyung would wonder in the woods searching for a walkie-talkie with Jungkook putting two lives in danger when it's clear that end result would be them both getting lost in the woods, starving and injured, and probably they'll pass by walky-talky in dark without noticing it. 

So using his smart brain Taehyung decided to stay the night in the camp, eating beans cooked by Jungkook who insisted to make them by the peaceful fire which roared with red flames dancing to the sound of burning wood.

They both sat in peaceful and comfortable silence which was softly occupied by burning wood and small sounds made by insects. 

"How old are you Jungkook? And how did you end up here?" Taehyung let out his curious questions after thinking for so long. 

"I'm eighteen. I'm going to be nineteen in two months. Actually, my parents sold me to them." Jungkook said with a sigh. 
Taehyung honestly didn't know how to reply to that. 

"And you?" Jungkook asked without giving a chance for the other to say anything anyway. 

"I'm twenty-five. It makes me your Hyung." 

And they just lay on the ground, looking at the stars shining above their heads. Taehyung didn't know what is the prettier galaxy, the galaxy he could see in the sky above, or the galaxy inside Jungkook's eyes. 

.................................................................................................................................................

The next morning came and they part their ways as a strategy to find a walky-talky faster. 
By noon Taehyung and Jungkook were able to find a walkie-talkie each. 

Taehyung even managed to contact the nearest head office and give them information and they asked the officer and the survivor to come to the deck so that they can pick them up. 

Jungkook helped Taehyung to walk as they went towards the deck through the woods and grounds which is like 6-7 hours away. 

Even with the slightest touches, which were a lot, they felt something spark inside but kept quiet for the sake of not making the situation awkward. 

It was peaceful until Jungkook suddenly stopped walking. 

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" Taehyung asked as the latter was not moving. 

Instead of a reply, Jungkook looked at Taehyung as tears streamed down his face which dropped something in Taehyung's heart.

Why fate would only bring suffering to him? His life had been a living hell until now, but now when he is finally free, his whole life is going to be snatched away?

"J-jungkook, you are s-scaring me. What's wrong, love?" He was as calm as possible. 

"Hyung... H-Hyung... Step away, please... Go back... D-don't walk here." 

And it was all it took for Taehyung to understand what he meant. Of course, he should have been careful but walking with Jungkook took him into some kind of a daze. It churn something inside his heart knowing the younger wanted to protect him first before anything albeit knowing he stepped on a landmine. 

"Hey, hey... It's okay. I'll save you." Although Taehyung was not an expert in bombs, especially not landmines and related, his mind immediately went blank but his first instinct was to calm the younger and save him no matter what. No matter what. 

"I- I'm going to die, Hyung. T-thank you for saving me. P-please, please stay healthy and h-h-happy for me. Even if it was for a little time, I-I lo- l-like you." Jungkook cried without moving from his spot. 

"Stop is Jungkook. You are not going to die. You are going to live. You are going to explore everything you couldn't; the sea breeze, cafes, concerts and everything else. You are going to live your life and no way I'm going to let it vanish before it even started." Taehyung uttered, determined although knowing the chances. 

"N-no Hyung, please step away... Please... Hy-" But he was cut off by Taehyung; "Jungkook, I want you to survive, please. Go to the deck ok?" with a soft smile.