~chapter 1~

*sirius's pov

I've never really understood the true meaning of love. It's this thing that people speak of, that is unlike any other aspect of life. They say its how you truly learn to live, that you have this one person that is meant to be your soulmate. I've hoped. I've dreamed. But deep down in the bottom of my heart I know that it'll never happen.

My parents, if you could even call them that, have constantly tried to drag me over to believe in the idea of 'pure bloods are superior and the only love possible is arranged'. My mother married her cousin for gods sake. But I stand by what I said. I do hope to understand love. Some day. If it is even out there waiting for me. Who knows.

It's fifth year, and ever since that day on the train on our first day of first year, i found the perfect friends. The marauders. I guess every day since that day, we've bonded more and more. We just clicked. And it was perfect.

"SIRIUS ARE YOU DONE DAYDREAMING ABOUT REMUS OR WILL YOU COME DOWN HERE AND PAY ATTENTION TO ME." James yelled. Or screamed. Whichever works. He and the other marauders went down to the common room a few hours ago in hopes of getting their late transfigurations essay done. Or more like, Remus dragged James and Peter down with him to the common room to ensure that their late transfiguration essay got done.

And about that. For the record, I don't even know where he got the idea of me and Remus. It just started one day. But ever since 4th year, James started shipping us like we were two characters in his favorite book. Yes, Remus is my best mate but we're not that close. Can two boys even like each other?

I let out a sigh. "COMING PRONGS!" He could be so bloody impatient sometimes. 

I sit up off my four poster bed, and force my feet to touch the ground. As I'm walking down the spiral staircase to the common room, I see James, Remus, and Peter spread out among the seating in front of the fire. 

"Look who finally decided to join us." James says with a sarcastic roll of the eyes.

 Running my fingers through my hair I say, "It's called sleeping, you know." He smirks. "More like fantasizing about Moony-" Remus looks up from his book, flustered. 

"James we bloody well know you do the same about Evans" I say, saving the awkward situation. Remus shifts uncomfortably in his seat. 

Remus forces his book shut, and places it on the side table by the sofa which he was sitting. "Im going to bed", he mumbles.  

"Noooo, moony we were gonna play truth or dareeee!" A whining James protests.

At this, Remus turns around. "Fine. Only one round. I need a break from this constant stress anyways." I smile to myself knowing that Remus was staying. I don't know why, but it made me want to play James's stupid game a little more.

He sits back down on his usual sofa, and crosses his arms in a grouchy manner.