chapter one

It's been a couple hours since you two started your journey. The sun was setting and you were getting tired from having to fight monsters all day. Your first stop was Mondstadt, it wasn't too far from Liyue but there were lots of treasure hoarders around. "Y/N, can we stop for a bit? My feet ache." Jia Li asked, a small pout on her face.

You turned around, "Sure. I'm getting hungry so I'll set up a fire. You can rest over there." You pointed towards a shaded area under a tree.

"But I want to help you! Pleaseee?" She held your hand and started shaking it rapidly. Jia always had the need to help people, which made her loved by all the servants in her house. She's quite like the Charlotte La Bouff of Teyvat.

"I appreciate it but no thanks. You've been yawning for quite a while so why don't you take a nap? I promise I'll wake you up by the time I'm done cooking." You pat her head and laid a clothe on the floor, ushering her to sit down.

"You're always taking care of me even though I'm older than you!" She complained.

"Yeah by like- 2 months. Lady Qiang, please just rest or else I'll knock you out myself."

Jia Li gasped and grumbled. She reluctantly laid down and faced the other way, avoiding any sunlight to reach her eyes.

While the lady was resting, you took some wood that was conveniently nearby and piled them on the ground. You took the flint and steel from your pocket and stroke downwards to create sparks. Usually you'd use two sticks and and rub them together until it creates fire but your brother insisted on you using a flint.

As the fire was lit up, you grabbed the left over wood and a sharp knife from a bag. You used the knife to cut pieces of the branch into a sharp spear. You tested it out by putting it on your bow, pulling the string back, and releasing it onto a far tree. 'Seems sharp enough'.

You stood up and looked around, spotting two birds from afar. You took two spears, placed them on your bow, pulled the string, and...

CAW!

('。• ω •。')

"-Li, Jia Li! Wake up, I'm finished cooking." You shook her gently.

She gurgled and struggled to keep her eyes open. "1 more hour please..." Qiang turned back around.

You sighed and karate chopped her head. "Wake up!" The food's going to get cold soon and you hate when good food goes to waste.

"Weh! What was th-" QiangJiaLi.exe has stopped working [error]...

Her face turned bright red. You raised an eyebrow.

On top of her was you, one arm on the side of her face while the other is on her head. YOU were on top of her, your face above her and she could clearly see the small cuts on your skin, your eye color, slightly chapped lips and pretty face.

'ohmyarchonsohmyarchonsohmyarchonsohmyarchonsohmyarchonsohmy-'

"GAHH!!!" Jia Li grabbed your shoulders as a sudden burst of adrenaline went through her. "I'LL EAT!" She ran past you and tripped.

dot. dot. dot.

"Um, okay?" You deadpanned. You sighed for the 108th time today and helped her stand up. You grabbed the pot and a skewer made with the bird meat.

You gave Jia Li two skewers while you also ate two. Protein is important guys! Especially if you work out a lot (can't relate).

"How long until we reach Mondstadt?" Qiang asked, munching on a piece of meat in her hand.