chapter two

"Y/NNN! Hurry, I want to go out now!" Jia Li was dressed in a blue and white dress with slightly puffed sleeves, blue ribbons, and mesh fabric imprinted with birds as the base of the dress had a blue background, clouds drawn on it. She wore white heels to contrast the dark colors of her dress (definitely not to be taller).

 She wore white heels to contrast the dark colors of her dress (definitely not to be taller)

You groaned, "Jia Li, I'm still getting ready. You can go ahead and explore the place before me. I'll just look for you later so you won't be late."

"Ehh? Fine, but don't take too long!" She grabbed her purse and went out. Qiang Jia Li and her tendency to overdress on occasions, you shook your head.

You weren't actually going to follow after her, no. All the black-haired lady would do was drag you into things you definitely weren't interested in. Just a couple minutes to yourself roaming around the town was fine.

Slipping on your shoes, you grabbed your purse and headed out the door. You were wearing a simple white collared shirt topped with a loose, dark blue cardigan and black dress pants (u guys dont have to wear this (^o^)). Your hands were shown with two rings; your family heirloom, a ring designed with a sprouting heart, and a silver one with a green gem in the middle, gifted by a close friend of yours. The ring being on your right hand's ring finger while the other is on your middle.

As much as you wished for your brother to be here, you couldn't risk getting him hurt. Haitao was a healer, not a fighter. Yet, his healing skills were still rusty.

You'd often be the ones to teach his bullies a lesson after they beat him up. Your parents were normal, both of them didn't wield any visions. So it came as a surprise to them when you somehow froze a thief during a market sale when you were 10.

You lived in Snezhnaya then, so your parents opted to move to Liyue with your dad's family in hopes that the Tsaritsa won't do anything to you. Your uncle had a pyro vision, but when he refused to join the Fatui, they killed him mercilessly. They didn't want the same happening with you.

By the time you were finished cleaning up your thoughts, you arrived at your destination. Because it wasn't located in the middle of Mondstadt, there weren't many lights on. No knights were around to guard the gates, no civilian, no creatures. Just you.

You walked outside to the dock and observed the area. Some flowers, dandelions, and two birds having a date. How come they were in a relationship before you? So not fair.

Barely anything was there. Nothing interesting so far. However, before you could turn around, something sparkly caught your eye. Something glowing in the water.

Hurryingly, your hand grabbed whatever it was and wiped it with a spare napkin from your bag. It was a ring. A diamond ring.

'If I pawned this, I could get more mora! Money!!' Your eyes sparkles at the thought of being rich(er). Sure you already had enough money, but a couple bucks won't hurt, right? Most of your money was being used to pay bills back home and to fund Haitao's hydro lessons so you had almost nothing to spend on yourself.