Dancing in the rain

PLAY THE MUSIC AT 🥀🥀

Eddie made me stay in the van while he ran to the gas station, grabbing candies to restock his glove compartment. He got back into the van pretty quickly, speeding off to a familiar location.

"I got you those chips you like" he grabbed a small bag of salt n vinegar potato chips.

"Daddy crisp potato chips?" I looked at the bag, flabbergasted.

"Daddy crisp potato chips." He spoke with a deep announcer's voice, looking at me from the road.

"Okay- I gotta know-"

He licked his lips, trying not to laugh as I mentally prepared for whatever he was about to ask.

"Did uh- did Steve have a daddy kink?" He asked, making me gasp.

"What the fuck, Eddie, stop!" I laughed too, watching him try to focus on the road.

"I just- he seems like the kind of guy-"

"Yes. He did."

"Holy shit-" Eddie started dying again, laughing over whatever song was playing as he turned into a wide path in the woods.

"I'm so glad you don't." I admitted, seeing him nod from the corner of my eye.

"I can't believe you called a man daddy for three years." He panted, making me turn red.

"I will literally push you off a cliff, Eddie I swear!"

"Shit, should I turn around then?"

"We're going to a cliff?" I turn to him with a big smile, now knowing where we were headed.

"We were, but you wanna push me off so now I'm having second thoughts." He spoke but still continued up the hill, knowing I was obviously joking anyways.

The rain was pouring down onto the windshield and I was surprised that the van made it up the hill, Eddie reversed and carefully backed up to a good few feet from the edge, sliding through the back from where he was seated and opening the doors. The rain was heavy, but the lake looked beautiful under it.

And we were completely dry inside the van since the wind wasn't blowing towards it. He put his hand out and helped me into the back where there was already a blanket and pillows set up.

The moon was bright, confident with its light to the point where it illuminated what would've been complete darkness. I wasn't tired anymore as I laid my body against Eddie's. He slid his hands up my shirt and held me close to him, looking at the sky. Even with the rain, the clouds were thick and there was a small portion of clear sky to show us it's stars.

"Oh its Aquila!" I gasp, pointing at the stars.

"What the fuck is that?" Eddie snorts, looking at where I was pointing.

"See those stars? They kind of make a super acute L..." I pointed at the sky, trying to draw out the constellation that caught my eye. Eddie leaned his head onto my chest, squinting at the sky.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"It goes down and up like this..." I traced it, drawing the shape with my hand despite it being millions of miles away.